Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

I'm sorry goldentoes, I thought it was funny ! Whenever I go to Canada to get my domperidone and I'm coming back from the U.S., I always get some hot shot 20 something guy who thinks he's on some cop show. When I tell them my prescription helps me make breastmilk, they usually shut right up

oh, it was kind of funny, and I like to think I saved the other pumping moms here a little grief by warning new security guy there would be at least four more pumps coming through... heh.

It was more the idiot geeks behind me in line who commenced to start staring at my boobs that were the problem. oy.

So in all my packing for our weekend trip I forgot all my pump stuff. I keep a set at work just for this problem. I normally use 30mm shields but my work set has 27mm just because that is what I had around at the time. I got more on my first pump than I have gotten all wee. I guess it is time to switch back and see how things go.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

here i am, thinking that i'd already pumped my last time, pumping again. i'm working from home this month so i could nurse on demand, and DS turns 1 in 2 weeks. but DH wants to take him to NYC to see Vermin Supreme tomorrow, so they'll need some bottles. just hoping i can pump only once today instead of twice.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

It would appear my stuffed full freezer stash is going to carry me to my first goal, and then I have to decide what to do. He only wants milk at night, but he still wants 12 oz overnight. Cutting to twice a day has slowly cut my supply to about 7 oz. I could add sessions back in, but we are moving. I like the freedom. I'm leaning to nightweaning him frm these bottles and then giving him fresh milk in a bedtime bottle as snuggles as long as I feel like pumping or can keep my supply...every cycle seems to reduce it just a bit, no matter what I do.

This is not how I envisioned breastfeeding coming to an end. It makes me incredibly sad

DH wants to have another kid, but I'm in a good place. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I have lots of things planned that I can't do while pregnant. Like refinish the deck of the new house. Sit in the hot tub. Paint the entire house. Finish the basement. Epoxy the garage floor. Replace the front door. So while it would be lovely to have another baby to nurse, I also learned there are no guarantees.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    This is not how I envisioned breastfeeding coming to an end. It makes me incredibly sad
    Susan,

I'm having trouble with my pump today -- hardly getting anything out, and that's with the suction turned ALL the way up which I've never had to do before. Just changed my membranes a couple of days ago. I called the hospital lactation clinic to see if they could test the suction for me, since if there's a problem with my pump I bet they could quickly get me a rental while this one is repaired.

I really don't have time for this. Argh . . .
    Karin
    mom to Miles (9/7/11)

Oh yikes. Hopefully it's something easily fixed!

I stupidly took some goats rue. Which for some moms, helps with low supply, but not for me I pumped less than usual this morning.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post

I know how you feel, mama... You and Gavin will have a special relationship no matter what!

I'm so glad that I pumped for Emily, but I'm finding the post-pumping changes to be really rewarding. There's a part of me, too, that would love another shot at this knowing where I went wrong the first time, but I'm so happy with my baby girl that I'm going to give myself a while to decide...

I case I don't make it back to the forums, thank you all so much for your support - you are all AMAZING, mamas!!

Marley & Emily 9-24-10
    (Done as of 5-23-12)

One downside to cutting back...I gained weight I can't seem to shake.

M&E, you did well pumping as long as you did
    Susan

Today, Sarah turned 6 months! I have reached my 2nd goal! I know this is a small achievement as compared to some, but it is tremendous compared to how things went with my first. I guess I will set my next goal at 9 months and see how things are looking then
    Mom to Kaleb born 7/24/08......clueless about BF and began to supplement. Supply was gone at 8 weeks.

Sarah Beth born 11/29/11.....found this forum(lifesaver) and glad to say she has only had BM since day 1 and we are still going strong!