Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Keep pumping. It took me like two weeks or more to get past that.

Nurse as much as you can when you are off.
    2 weeks that's a long time. I was also thinking of doing a power pump session during nap time today and tomorrow to see if that can help.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    Could that be because you didn't have your bottles to pump into and the same amt of suction wasn't there?
    I had my pumping bottles and full pump set up, just did valves and membranes last week. I just forgot the ones I take milk home in, I use his bottles with storage lids so that I have less dishes to do.

Thanks ladies
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Yeah, it totally sucked, and it took a while and persistence to get over. You have an advantage because you can breastfeed directly too which will help stimulate your supply more.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Lurking a lot, so howdy .

Getting better results with the manual Medela Harmony than the stupid PIA purely yours. Wish I had bought a medela instead. Or never returned the symphony. Get 7 oz with the Harmony at home in about 15-20 min. Get same about in almost an hour with the purely yours mimicking the same speed & suction I use on the harmony. Even found a cheapo NUK that worked better than the purely yours. Then I dropped it & it stopped suctioning. After reading this thread maybe it's the horns on the PY. Can't seem to get the medela horns to stick in the py for the right suction.

That is because PY and Medela horns are not compatible.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

someone i know went straight to basically EPing this time. not quite sure but she said she was pumping. because she gets plugged ducts and like to know how many oz, the dr likes to know how many oz. i tried to encourage her but think it was falling on deaf ears

UGH stupid stupid wall. After a 45 min session and 3 letdowns I barely got 3 oz this morning . I did take an early lunch and went to DC to nurse W today. It worked out and is so much nicer . He started balling this morning when I dropped him off, it just broke my heart to have to leave him. I wish I could quit my job.

Hopefully I can work in 2 more pumps also, even if one is just a short one it will help.

Can I donate blood without it affecting my supply?
    Mom to Kaleb born 7/24/08......clueless about BF and began to supplement. Supply was gone at 8 weeks.

Sarah Beth born 11/29/11.....found this forum(lifesaver) and glad to say she has only had BM since day 1 and we are still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamaDuMonte View Post
    UGH stupid stupid wall. After a 45 min session and 3 letdowns I barely got 3 oz this morning . I did take an early lunch and went to DC to nurse W today. It worked out and is so much nicer . He started balling this morning when I dropped him off, it just broke my heart to have to leave him. I wish I could quit my job.

Hopefully I can work in 2 more pumps also, even if one is just a short one it will help.
    My little guy is just a week younger than yours, and he's started crying sometimes when it's time to say goodbye in the morning. Breaks my heart.

Keep persisting -- you can do it! Do you feel like the milk is there but the pump can't get it out? Or do you feel that you are not making as much?
    Karin
    mom to Miles (9/7/11)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kbcross View Post
    My little guy is just a week younger than yours, and he's started crying sometimes when it's time to say goodbye in the morning. Breaks my heart.

Keep persisting -- you can do it! Do you feel like the milk is there but the pump can't get it out? Or do you feel that you are not making as much?
    I just don't feel like it is there. I feel like I am working doubly hard and getting less milk.

Hopefully this weekend will help. 4 day weekend off with the little dude, hopefully there will be lots of nursing in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elizabethlarae View Post
    Can I donate blood without it affecting my supply?
    I would wait to donate. I've read different thoughts on the topic. For me I am waiting until I
    am no longer nursing.