Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

How do you pump in a wrap dress? I had to take the thing off and am pumping in my tights and bras. feels very strange . . .
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*toddlerandtwins View Post
    How do you pump in a wrap dress? I had to take the thing off and am pumping in my tights and bras. feels very strange . . .
    You can't just pull the top down?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*toddlerandtwins View Post
    I only can pump/nurse in shirts/blouses that I can pull up. I am looking forward to pump weaning because that does expand my work wardrobe but I must admit that I don't tend to wear skirts/dresses in the winter because I hate wearing hose/tights.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Another small production day. I can't wait till 1 year, I am sick of stressing about pumping.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

I measure what I send to daycare for DS in the Avent bottles, but I just do a quick check on what I pumped with the bottles I pumped in. Though I guess I do measure what I put in the freezer bags by the bottles I pumped in... Oy, I wish companies would standardize the markings.

Toddlerandtwins, I salute you for wearing dresses to work! I only started wearing skirts to work this past year. And that was mostly because 1) it was hot, and 2) my work pants didn't quite feel completely comfortable yet. The skirts I had were a bit more "forgiving". I do prefer skirts over shorts for running around in the summer, though. But once it gets cold, I want as much fabric encasing my lower body as possible.

Mskalinin, You'll get there.

Had to come in early today, so it is a 3-pump kind of day. I'm on #2.
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    You can't just pull the top down?
    I wish! With all the straps I was afraid I would stretch them. After losing weight the last thing I want to do it stretch out my new clothes!
    Usually I take off my top only.
    Awkward was the word I was thinking of earlier when I posted. Thought about taking a photo and sending to DH, maybe that should be a topic in the R&S forum

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wiggle.bug View Post
    Toddlerandtwins, I salute you for wearing dresses to work! I only started wearing skirts to work this past year. And that was mostly because 1) it was hot, and 2) my work pants didn't quite feel completely comfortable yet. The skirts I had were a bit more "forgiving". I do prefer skirts over shorts for running around in the summer, though. But once it gets cold, I want as much fabric encasing my lower body as possible.
    This is the first dress I've worn to work in over 3 years. I feel like my pregnancy/post pregnancy *fog* that I've been in since Oct'08 has lifted, I lost a lot of weight, and had to buy new clothes. Off-topic!

I hate thursdays...
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

i avoid wearing clothes i cant easily pump in

My nipples hurt all night. It was weird. Kept waking me up because that is how much it hurt. No, no AF (but I am wondering if she will show up in the next week or so, for the first time in like 4 years)and no, I cannot be pregnant because it would be a miracle Maybe I was a little over exuberant with the suction.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!