Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wiggle.bug View Post
    ...(though he nursed many, many, many...did I say *many*? times last night)...
    Same here. I am super sleepy today. Hoping now that AF has scooted on out, my output will be normal again.
    Mom to my DS, born on 6/24/11. Born on the same day and at the same hospital as DH.
    Mom to my DD, born on 8/14/13.

ACK!! Someone remind me that giving "pink" milk to Emily is ok... This is the first time I've ever had blood in my milk... I was pumping upstairs with no light other than the morning news on the TV and when I got downstairs some of the milk was pink. It was only the first tube on the left side, so the I hope the rest of the day is ok - seems to have come from the duct itself because there was no pain and no abrasions or marks or anything on my actual nipple... So shocking, though!!
    Marley & Emily 9-24-10
    (Done as of 5-23-12)

it's ok. it takes only a microscopic drop of blood to make the bottle pink. If you are worried, let it sit for a while and the blood will separate from the milk....you asked
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

It's back home in the fridge 'til this afternoon... I'm sure it'll look nice and gruesome when we get home.

Emily's dad's reaction was of course way more dramatic than mine...
    Marley & Emily 9-24-10
    (Done as of 5-23-12)

The oz. markings are coming off on my cheap Evenflo bottles. Grr. But I think this first pm pump made up for an abysmal morning pump. I'm just too stressed right now, and so tired, because now we've got a cold on top of all the molars coming in, so there was not much sleeping going on last night. And I still have to work in time to get my pump checked, though that may have to wait until Friday.

Originally, I was thinking I'd keep pumping at work until DS is 2. But looking at my freezer stash, I think I want to pump wean over the summer so that I don't have to pump when classes start again next fall. Depending on how much he's drinking during the day, he'd still probably get milk for a good month after I stopped pumping, at least. I'd donate, but I'm on allergy meds permanently, so that disqualifies me from a lot of places.

So much to do. So little time!
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    forgot to put bottles on once.

btw hell chick you need to practice hand expression!!! totally worth it. do you want a video??
    Yes, PLEASE! Pics and descriptions just aren't helping me, I think.
    First-time mom to Markus, August 17, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wiggle.bug View Post
    The oz. markings are coming off on my cheap Evenflo bottles. Grr. But I think this first pm pump made up for an abysmal morning pump.
    I found that the evenflo bottles were more 'generous' than my medela or lansinoh ones. I found the medela to be the 'stingiest'
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

There is about .5oz difference between my medela and hygeia bottles. The hygeia is verrrrry generous, I think.

I didn't get much again at school, 2.75oz total. Pumping right now at home, looks like I might get another couple. Luckily I got 3 oz last night when he decided to sleep all the way through.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

Well I got to stay home today with the little dude, so I will only have to pump tonight. I am trying to make up the extra he has been eating while I am at work during this growth spurt.

We use the Avent bottles and I have noticed a big difference between the madela and those. I just do all my measuring by the Avent ones.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

hand expression/increasing production:
    http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...roduction.html

basically you just need to practice. then all the sudden you will get what works for you. try it out and let me know