Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

hand expression rocks! No clean up ^__^

I have been having a much better week with production. Maybe the pump is helping! Maybe its because AF is over. In any case, I am so glad to not be stressed out! I might be able to get ahead a couple bottles this weekend and actually have something for the freezer finally!

I OFTEN forget to put the tubes into the horns, or forget to plug power in.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

I have forgotten to hook the tubes up but not the bottles. I was so looking forward to the weekend and not pumping but I think I am going to need the extra next week and dont want to thaw to much so I am hoping that I can come up with a bottle to have back up. DS is starting a heck of a growth spurt. On a good note 3 nights of cosleeping and a babe on a growth spurt and the clog is finally cleared.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Hellchick View Post
    But I'm just not adept at hand expressing to even get an ounce. :/
    I am awful at it too! I've watched videos to learn, but I can never get much out. My left side doesnt even want to drip, and my right side only has one slow spray.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex, born 2/27/11

I'm thinking of pumping a few more weeks to donate to HMHB. This is my last chance as Sam is my last baby. I checked their FB page but it doesnt seem to be closely monitored.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I didn't get to pump yesterday, and my supply is low today. Glad I had that cushion.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My left boob is leaking again, it hasn't done that in ages. I will take it as a good sign.
    Didn't really get to pump this weekend, but still got ahead a bottle with hand expression.
    Hope everyone has a good week!
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

I have 5 more days. I have toyed with the idea of going longer, but this school year has been a killer and I think it might be best all around if I regain the time I lose with all of the pumping stuff--more time to spend with the kids in the evening. I have a substantial freezer stash so DH will be able to feed Glowworm for quite a while during the day from that. I just need to get him moving away from bottles to cups.

I have been pumping about 9 ounces during my one pump in the afternoon. I am thinking about cutting down how much I pump this week so I can safely wean off next week.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

I switched out my pumps this week. Hoping it will bring back that 1-1.5 that has slowly gone away. I also changed out all my membranes this weekend so here is to a more productive week.

Good luck ladies.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Got 6 oz. this morning, but I think that's because DS went to daycare a little earlier than usual, and he's still working on all 4 molars, so he's not nursing very long at each session (though he nursed many, many, many...did I say *many*? times last night).

I now have a set of extra horns at my desk again, and I've got extra bottles. But I can't forget anything else, or I'm out of luck. That reminds me, I need to bring in new valves so I have a spare set here.
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

Currently , .