Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    welcome to kmoore!

congrats to Megan for making it a year!

s to everyone else!

Yet another cute Connor tidbit. Now when we are in the tub together and I say "where does the milk come from?" he points to my breast
    THAT IS ADORABLE!

Gavin will pull on my clothes, just like a breastfed baby.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    THAT IS ADORABLE!

Gavin will pull on my clothes, just like a breastfed baby.

I used so much of my small freezer stash when Sam was sick, I don't know if I can bring myself to pump to donate anymore. I feel selfish.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

You're not selfish, you are pumping for your baby.

I am experiencing low low output again. I am struggling to produce two bottles per day. How bad would it be if I gave DCP one bottle of goat or cow milk? My son is about 10 months one week.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

I spilled about 2oz today. I was so happy to have pumped 8oz, when I usually get 6-7oz, and then I spilled it.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wiggle.bug View Post
    Welcome, KMoore! I have a couple questions: is there a reason you are still trying to build a stash? How much do you have stashed already? You really don't need a huge freezer stash, so you might be okay. Also, how does what you produce over the week match what your daughter drinks at daycare? I used to have days where I'd produce a little less, and some days where I'd produce more, but if I looked at the week as a whole, I was producing exactly what DS was drinking. If I am looking at your numbers right, you might be okay: if you are consistently pumping 12, and one day your daughter eats 8 oz. but the next 15, you've pumped 24 oz. in those two days, and she drank 23 oz. So, you'd still be covered. If you do want to boost your supply, I also recommend checking out the list a few pages back. As for supplements, I took Motherlove More Milk Plus and More Milk Special Blend, and those work for me (along with eating oatmeal every morning).

!
    Well #1 reason for a stash right now is pure peace of mind I truely want Claire to have only breast milk (no formula) until at least the age of one. I fear illness, a drop in supply, travel. Which leads to reason #2. I have to travel for a week in August forwork and as of right now Claire will not be joining me. Clearly is is a ways away so I have some time for a stash but I want to make sure I can make this happen. THOUGH the thought of not having a stash lends for thoughts of not being able to travel and that makes me smile! I am not ready to leave her and feel I may not be in August!

I have a small stash in my freezer (above fridge) right now that, as a new first timer, I havent cycled so a good portion of it is from November and December and may need to be tossed but I am not sure yet. We are about to invest in a chest freezer and id like to start a fresh stash in that and cycle it properly!

I dont consistanly pump 12 oz. Some days is 9 some days its 13. BUT I do seem to be keeping up with Claire just fine (knocks on wood) so far. is it true that for the most part their demand doesnt really inscrease with age? If shes eating 10-12 on average now thats pretty much what I can expect for a while? Which sticks to the 1-1.5oz per hour away from mommy theory?

I do compressions durring pumping, I must or my output is reduced by about half and I frequently change out my membranes and accessories just in case. I drink 2-3 cups of mothers milk tea a day and would prefer to stay away from other supplements if possible.

I REALLY apprecaite everyones imput and advice. Its just nice to know I am not alone in this battle (which is MORE then worth waging!).

Now - chit chat not one but BOTH of my membranes misteriously tore this morning so my first pump of the day was scary. No suction, panic, figured it out, and then couldnt let down do to stress and got 1 freakin oz session two yeilded 5.5oz and session 3 was 3 and I get one more before I go home so I SHOULD be a ok for daycare tomorrow.

Yeah, my horns are the right size and I just replaced my membranes last week before starting back to work. May try bigger horns anyways to see if it will help.

Sarah did not nurse good this am and I was getting pretty engorged by the time I pumped. Then despite massage/compressions My left breast would not let down. I ended up taking lunch early so Sarah could nurse and I could get some relief. This happened once before when I was really full. Anyone else have this problem before?

i had a terrible pump in the morning and i suspect thrush rising again WTH!!

i am in love with gavin and connor right now!

jenna, you are not selfish. i was pumping and wanting to wean and the thought of you popped in my head and made me feel like i could keep going

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mskalinin View Post
    You're not selfish, you are pumping for your baby.

I am experiencing low low output again. I am struggling to produce two bottles per day. How bad would it be if I gave DCP one bottle of goat or cow milk? My son is about 10 months one week.
    more solids?

I added 4 oz of cow's milk at like 10-11 months, and it was fine.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

He already eats 3 meals per day. We have no allergies in the family so I think I am gonna try it. I am so stressed out over this pumping thing. I have a week off coming up and I don't know if I should take a week off from the pump or not. I would love to but I bet it would be really bad for my output in the long run...

I have 4 oz so far for today. I usually get one more before bed, then one in the night, so I should be ok for the 6 oz he needs tomorrow... But I am so sick of thinking about it and worrying. I almost wonder sometimes if he isn't weaning. I mean I know he is weaning, but I wonder if he is close to done.

Made an appt with the doc to check out my lumpy bump. It looks worse now, I am hoping its not something yucky like mastitis, though I have no symptoms of it except the red mark on my boob. I think it might just be a galactocele.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!