Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

I thought about a Bailey when I was shopping for a new pump a couple years ago. They seem really nice.

So I bought some capsules, just for some lactation support, now that I am apparently cycling again, and my supply has been LOWER since I started them its just herbs, but the combination must not work for me. Boo.

Our water was shut off the other day, and we have to boil water to drink. That means, for the first time in like 12 months, I have to sterilize bottles after washing. What a pest!

And I finally counted my bags that are left in the freezer. I have over 200. With an average of 4 oz per bag. That is at least 800 oz.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post

And I finally counted my bags that are left in the freezer. I have over 200. With an average of 4 oz per bag. That is at least 800 oz.

Wow! That's a lot of milk!
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wiggle.bug View Post
    Wow! That's a lot of milk!
    Is he drinking it Susan?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I am starting to pump wean today, my girls are 11 months and I am going to pump once while at work (instead of twice). I don't know how it will go, but if I am going to pump wean for 11-12 hours I am out of the house I figure I need to ease into it. Here's hoping I don't leak since I stopped wearing shields months ago!
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

So DH and I decided that I will probably end up BFing until DS is 2 years old. The "main" reason is because we have a lot of flights planned for this year (while he is still a free lap child) and BFing on the plane makes it so much easier. haha. I know that's a crazy reason. I think it's especially funny because DH used to be one of those people who absolutely did not want DS BFed after he turned 1 years old; DH has really changed opinions now that we have hit that age marker!

I love BFing, I really do. But... I am missing some of the freedom. My friends want to do a girl's weekend (w/ no kids)... and the thought of having to pump - ugh! Plus, I want to pump wean completely (I am down to one time a day now), but I am really scared that I will lose my supply. I don't trust my body at all.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Toddlerandtwins, good luck! Thinking dry thoughts for you!

Megan, You're down to one pump, and things are still going well, right? Your LO is still having 4-6 wet diapers per day? Your body (that is, YOU), did an awesome thing by nourishing your LO through pregnancy and through the first year. It will be okay. And you can always add back in a pump if you have to. I know what you mean about the freedom, but weaning alone doesn't always give you that. My friend came up to visit us for a weekend when my DS was 6 weeks old. She was planning to stay Fri-Mon. Her DD was almost 3 at the time. She ended up leaving early Sunday morning because her DD was so upset that she'd been gone so long and really missed her. So, even if you aren't breastfeeding, I think "freedom" post-child(ren) is very different from freedom pre-children.

I've been getting 5 oz. at my 11ish am pump. And 4 oz. at the 2ish pump, even though I'm pumping less time. No idea what that's about. It would be crazy ironic, though, if I've finally adjusted to pumping right when I want to start weaning.
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

Megan don't worry about supply, it's well established and if you leave for a weekend you may want to pump for comfort but by now you wont dry up in 48 hours. I contrinued nursing for 3 years only when we were together.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Hi! New to the thread, but not to pumping -- DS is almost 7 months and I have been pumping at work for 3 months. Good times!

Lately I've been so frustrated by MIL who watches DS. She goes through the 14 oz of fresh milk (over 9.5 hours) and often goes into the frozen milk (intended for growth spurts or spills) AND has been giving him tons of solids! I need to talk to her about it but since I'm not there with her I feel like I can't really know if the extra milk is justified. I "forgot" to send her more backup frozen milk this morning, oops.

Welcome to the thread!
    14oz over 9.5 hours isn't too much, but if she is feeding more than that and lots of solids it sounds like too much! Family dynamics are always difficult, but remember it if your baby and you should set guidelines for feeding. Is your DH supportive? Can you hide your freezer stash?
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

DH is supportive, thankfully. I cut down on the amount of solids I send her, and only sent enough for the day rather than a couple days' worth even though it means more washing and refilling. And I'll probably only send one 2.5oz bag of frozen milk at a time so she hopefully will treat it more as a "just in case" rather than "he was crying so I thought he was still hungry".

She's so sweet, and I know she means well, but it's frustrating!

I bet if DS would actually nap as much as he needs to (grr) this would be less of an issue . . .