Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    I'm thinking of pumping a few more weeks to donate to HMHB. This is my last chance as Sam is my last baby. I checked their FB page but it doesnt seem to be closely monitored.
    I tried to PM you but your box was full, sent you an email...

Is it a bunch of weightlifters or something?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I did the interview with the CA bank Tracie and they only care that the milk itself is less than 6 months old, not the baby's age
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    I did the interview with the CA bank Tracie and they only care that the milk itself is less than 6 months old, not the baby's age
    Interesting. When I talked to the one in my area (Denver? Texas? Can't remember) they wouldn't take milk if the baby was over 12 months old. Weird, right?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

only got 2.5oz at school today. Mondays suck for me, which makes me think I need to be pumping on the weekends. But when the weekends roll around I always find excuses not to...

Looks like I am getting a fair amount right now at least!
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

I think I'm entering the bargaining phase of mourning with giving up the pump...Originally I told myself I'd go to 18 months, then to the end of March. Now that I've started weaning off the domperidone, I find myself adding in more excuses to keep pumping, like, "If I'm off the domp and my supply is still over 8 oz a day, maybe I'll keep pumping into April..." or "If I'm still pumping 8 oz a day at the end of March maybe I'll try to go down to 2 times a day with the same amount of time until I only get 4 oz a day and then stop..."

To be honest, I'd love some sign that my fertility's back after all this time...Getting pregnant would certainly inspire me to stop pumping!
    Marley & Emily 9-24-10
    (Done as of 5-23-12)

I wish I was one of the ones to not get AF back... I got it at like 5 months pp. But I guess if it hadn't returned and I wanted to get pregnant that wouldn't be too nice either!!
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

W's growth spurt is huge right now. So here I sit at 930 pumping, thinking I might have to add it to my routine. I want to donate so I want to keep adding to the freezer, but I also want W to get as much fresh milk as possible. Right now only on Monday's he gets frozen. I have tried to leave it in the fridge for Monday on Friday but the lipase gets to it before then.

Arg I hate my pump.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

I'm dragging my pump along on a visit to see my parents Thursday, in case I get super uncomfortable. I will probably be gone from DS about 8 hours. We nurse on demand at home... do you ladies think I should pump beforehand to leave milk for him while I am gone? Or just pump while I am gone and give it to him later? He has had cow's milk already and eats tons of solids.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Sam will start going all day with none of my milk Thursday if I counted right. I say he will be fine but maybe leave 3-4 oz in case things get out of control.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I'd maybe leave one bottle and then pump and feed whatever I got later.

I'm looking at a trip in March overnight for some CE and thinking of doing exactly this.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!