Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Pumping chit chat 3

New thread, my supply has been so varied lately it's driving me insane
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

This week is driving me nuts. I am so glad I only have 1 more pump before the weekend. My pump is making a funny noise not, prob switch it out with the one at home this weekend. Still not getting enough milk and still have multiple clogs, tomorrow me and the babe might just have to spend the day in bed, he is teething and going thru a growth spurt so he is attached at the boob.

Hopefully next week will be better.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

I somehow got ahead a whole bottle. Not upset about it, except that I need to stay on top of things so I can get it used up before the lipase gets it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I somehow got ahead a whole bottle. Not upset about it, except that I need to stay on top of things so I can get it used up before the lipase gets it.
    Gav only drinks the BM at night now right? Will he take it during the day in a sippy so it does not go bad or need to be frozen?
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

new thread

posting so I get mah e-mails

Pumping sucks!

Had to go into work this morning, so I grabbed my pumping stuff, but I forgot horns I hand expressed, but only got 1.5 oz. So, I'm going to try to squeeze in a 3rd pump today.

I also think my pump is making funny noises. When I've got the cycles dial turned up at the beginning, it stutters sometimes. I'm thinking I should have one of the local lactation consultants check it out. The warranty is up on March 1, so I want to make sure it's okay!
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

I forgot my pump parts the other day, too! But I'm just not adept at hand expressing to even get an ounce. :/ had to run down to Babies R Us, buy new pump parts, run back to work and sterilize, then pump. Lost a good chunk of my workday to that.

Also, totally different topic: please tell me I'm not the only one who's put the horns on, put the membranes on the horns, and then started pumping only to realize that I forgot to screw bottles to the membranes. LOL
    First-time mom to Markus, August 17, 2011.

I have never done that, but I have left the membranes off before. I have also forgotten to plug it in.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Hellchick View Post
    I forgot my pump parts the other day, too! But I'm just not adept at hand expressing to even get an ounce. :/ had to run down to Babies R Us, buy new pump parts, run back to work and sterilize, then pump. Lost a good chunk of my workday to that.

Also, totally different topic: please tell me I'm not the only one who's put the horns on, put the membranes on the horns, and then started pumping only to realize that I forgot to screw bottles to the membranes. LOL
    Oh, yes. I've also forgotten to turn it on, plug it in, hook the tubes up and left off membranes. And pumping is supposed to be easier

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamaDuMonte View Post
    Gav only drinks the BM at night now right? Will he take it during the day in a sippy so it does not go bad or need to be frozen?
    Yes, and I gave him some today, so I'm only a half bottle ahead now. I do like the cushion.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

forgot to put bottles on once.

btw hell chick you need to practice hand expression!!! totally worth it. do you want a video??