Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What s ur feeding schedule for 8-9 month

Default What s ur feeding schedule for 8-9 month

Can u share with me ur nursing schedule with u 8-9 month old.

I feed on demand, but there are times that I feed her when she doesn't ask and I am thinking maybe i Should not do that anymore.

She nurses all night.....ugh!!!

Nurses at 6am
    Solid at 730
    Nurse at 9am to sleep...she doesn't ask I just do and she takes.
    Nurse at 11-- same she doesn't ask bu I offer and she takes
    Solids at 1230

Nurse at 2-
    Nurse at 4
    Solids at 5
    Nurse at 7 sleep
    Nurses at least 3-6 times at night.....

Could I stop the 9am and 2 nurse since she doesn't ask....I believe she still will getting the required ounces if not more....Right?
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

Default Re: What s ur feeding schedule for 8-9 m

I would continue to offer the breast frequently during the day, and not drop any daytime nursing sessions until you're at a year or ready to wean (whichever comes first). Here's why I think this makes sense:
    1. Breastmilk (or formula) are supposed to be a baby's primary source of nutrition until the first birthday.
    2. Older babies often get so busy with their interesting lives that they skip nursing sessions.
    3. More calories taken in during the day may mean less need for them at night. Tank baby up during the day and she may sleep more at night.

What's your goal with nursing? Are you thinking of weaning at around a year, or intending to go longer?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

My DS is 8.5 mo old and I was wondering same sort of thing. He loves his solids and I am afraid of over feeding solids. He still wakes up avg 3 times to nurse at night, but he is getting harder and harder to feed during the day. Too distracted and likes solids- they are more fun! I agree with Mommal and I am going to follow her advice as well. If you drop the nursing sessions, your LO may compensate with solids, which shouldn't replace nursing at this time. I was offering every two hours to nurse whether he asked or not, and he was refusing some, so we were going every 3 or 4 hours. I am going to try to keep him on every two hours and try a less distracting place to feed him. I want to nurse him for at least another year or so, so I don't want early weaning. Maybe if he takes in more during day he will wake less at night! One can hope, right!?

My 8 month old has a schedule like this:
    7am - nurse
    830 - a few bites of solids
    9 - nurse
    1130 - nurse
    12 - a few bites of solids
    2:30 nurse
    4:30 nurse
    5:30 a few bites of solids
    7 - nurse
    Up at midnight and 4 to nurse at night

This is what it has been lately. He has always gotten up at least twice during the night to eat. He loved solids last month but with the addition of a cold and new teeth, I think he just isn't interested at the moment.

My girls are 9 months:
    6-7am nurse
    9am solids
    9-10am nurse
    12-1pm solids
    1-2pm nurse
    6pm nurse and solids
    8pm nurse

5 nursings a day plus solid 3 times a day (baby led solids)
    We follow this schedule both when I am home to nurse and when I am at work, they get bottles for the 9-10am and 1-2pm feedings.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

My baby will self-regulate if I offer and she doesn't want to nurse. She'll refuse or just nurse for a short while. So I offer and I let her decide. If she takes the breast and eats a lot, I know she was hungry even if she didn't ask.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    2. Older babies often get so busy with their interesting lives that they skip nursing sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kmanih View Post
    My baby will self-regulate if I offer and she doesn't want to nurse. She'll refuse or just nurse for a short while. So I offer and I let her decide. If she takes the breast and eats a lot, I know she was hungry even if she didn't ask.
    This was our situation at 8 months as well. Mine would ask a lot, but I would sometimes offer if it had been a while since he last nursed. He has never been very routined, but he was nursing about 10x a day on average at 8 months. As addicted to milk as he is, he would definitely let me know if he wasn't hungry.

I still nurse my 12 month old on demand but he's very predictable as far as the amount of nursing session. He nurses 6 times during the day (almost without fail, it's uncanny!) and 4 times through the night. I actually look at the clock when he wakes up and he always wakes up at 1 am, 3 am and 6 am. LOL
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*melissawoods View Post
    I still nurse my 12 month old on demand but he's very predictable as far as the amount of nursing session. He nurses 6 times during the day (almost without fail, it's uncanny!) and 4 times through the night. I actually look at the clock when he wakes up and he always wakes up at 1 am, 3 am and 6 am. LOL
    Actually at 12 months I didn't need to offer anymore. Mine was signing milk at that point and definitely knew what he wanted - milk, snacks, play, books, etc. He was probably nursing about as much as yours, but at totally random times - I guess he likes to keep me on my toes! Now at 14 months he doesn't actually ask that much, but he will get pretty out of sorts when he needs to nurse. Thus I've gone back to offering before he gets in too foul a mood.

I don't offer either. It's cute he'll be tearing up the living room playing and toddle over and climb up saying "Mu! Mu!"

I do think he might nurse more if I was able to sit down more (with 4 kids I'm always moving!). It seems every time I sit he thinks it's snack time.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein