Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mamma w/questions

Default Re: New Mamma w/questions

Update! Going great! He gets fussy with latch on, but once he gets it and calms down he's fine! Sometimes he feeds for like 3 hours. Ah! He's like insatiable! He'll nurse for 10-20 min, then doze off for 5-10 min then wake wanting more! Sometimes I get to the point that I give him an ounce in the bottle of stuff I saved in the fridge because my boobs and I get tired! And he'll sleep for a long time then--4 hours maybe. Other than that I feed him on demand and if it's only a short session or he only eats from one side, I'll pump to empty out. My nips feel 80 times better! Like I said before tiny amount of pain with initial latch, and my only other complaint is that when he nurses from my right, it gets itchy. Weird! And I favor my left and I have to remind myself to use both sides!

I feel like you should offer the breast ASAP. Also I think you will just go through you nipples hurting again if you dont go ahead and get through that crucial stage but you should talk to someone about the latch issue or they will never get better. Something I used to help heal my nipples while feeding was the madela shells they allow you nipples to get air to them and heal faster also your shirt and bra cannot rub against them with the shells making your nipples heal faster as well.

Hey, just wanted to say thank you to all those have helped me here! I kept thinking how I couldn't do it and I should switch to formula. But with your words of support I gave it a go and now have been breastfeeding successfully ever since! Still sometimes get a little exhausted from it... I kinda want my body back to myself, but I read the forums and get encouraged to continue! Thank you! You've made a great deal of a difference for miguel and I!
    Can't stop smiling because my lil Miguel is just so amazing! Since 1/29/12 my heart is no longer my own!

Yay! You have come so far
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

That's fantastic, mama! You've come so far, and it will get even better in time.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Hi Susan, last week I tried cloth diapers with my third child, 24 days old, because he has a rash, now for more than 2 weeks. But cloth diapers are so messy! I got the pre-folded baby kicks, fleece. I went back to disp. diapers. The rash seems to get better, but it won’t go away. Ped said it’s not yeast. I’ve used all the products out there. Can you give some tips on diapering and such?
    Did I read correctly your 1st born was 11+pounds? Was it a vaginal delivery? (and the rest 9?) How did you do it!
    My last one was 9 ½. 3 hours in the hospital. About ½ hour pushing. No drugs. Everything was going all right until he got stock by the shoulders. The doctor panicked (a 50+ years old male). A nurse got on top of me. Two other grabbed my legs and almost pulled them off. The doctor forced my pelvis bone and all that area. I tear a lot. I’m afraid of having another child because of the tearing.