my ds ia 5 months old. i have been hearing so many different things about when to start solids. i read another thread as well, about this and i have certain specific doubts...
1. btwn 6 months to 1 year, is the supplementing of solids for nutrition or for experience? if it is NOT for nutrition, are the solids to be introduced on a full tummy?
2. how exactly do babies show readiness? if you look at my kiddo, he is on the verge of crawling, constantly stares at me when i eat (with puppy-like melting eyes which make you wanna cuddle him and start giving him whatever you are eating right away lol), bites on his hands all the time (he has been doing that even on a full tummy for a month now, with no visible signs of teeth). i'd say he is quite ready for the experience of solids, wouldnt you all!
3. cant i start with water? (stupid question?)
4. he is now down to around 4 feeds in the daytime, at around 3 hr intervals. is that alright? cos he still takes a looong time at one feed (1 hr arounds) and is very active later on, so i dont think he is falling short on milk.
5. what happens to milk supply once solids start? i want to bfeed as much as possible, and dont want my supply to dwindle.
oh and on a side note, doesnt it like really hit you that your little one has grown up when its time for solids! it seems only like yesterday that he was keeping me up all night with his two-hourly feed marathons!