Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nasty Stomach Bug!

Default Nasty Stomach Bug!

Hi Mamas,

I've had a nasty bug since Friday and feel terrible. I really can't keep any food down and am not interested in eating anyway. As for fluids, I'm trying to drink as much water as possible, but my supply is basically cut in half. Please tell me it will bounce back once I'm better. Anything special I should be doing besides keeping hydrated? Gabbi isn't complaining, I've just noticed my pumping output is cut in half. Sigh. Just need some advice or reassurance. Thank you.
    Hi, I'm Jen, mommy to Victoria (5/24/09, self-weaned 11/1/10) and Gabrielle (5/20/11, still going strong!). Always and sometimes ...when will I stop? When Gabbi says so!

Nursing Gabbi for fourteen months and counting!

The ladies here have gotten me through some rough times!

Default Re: Nasty Stomach Bug!

It will be fine. That happened to me while EPing. It was awful, as I really couldn't pump much. But after a few days, I felt better and the supply rebounded.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Nasty Stomach Bug!

Thank you Susan. I'm feeling better, but no change. Guess I need to give it more time. I remember hitting a wall about now with Tori and I saw one of your posts, saying you worked through it. How? Is it possible to work through the wall and bring production back up? Pumping during the night would be tough, as Gabbi still wakes up a couple of times to nurse. I pump after the 4am feeding, 3 times at work and then before I go to bed. I've been drinking Mother's Milk Tea too. How did you get through it? Thanks for your time.
    Hi, I'm Jen, mommy to Victoria (5/24/09, self-weaned 11/1/10) and Gabrielle (5/20/11, still going strong!). Always and sometimes ...when will I stop? When Gabbi says so!

Nursing Gabbi for fourteen months and counting!

The ladies here have gotten me through some rough times!