Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tingly breasts

Default Tingly breasts

The last few days, I've noticed a tingling in my breasts between feedings. Kind of like little *zings* now and then - not painful per se, but definitely new. My nipples are incredibly sensitive, which is also kind of new. No signs of white spots in baby's mouth, or any other symptoms. What do you all think? Thanks!
    So proud to be Avery's mama 12/26/11

Default Re: Tingly breasts

It's probably just the ducts refilling. Or mini letdowns
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    It's probably just the ducts refilling. Or mini letdowns
    For a lot of women, they don't feel letdown sensations until a little later. That would be my guess too. I used to joke with DH that my boobs were "talking."

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Yup.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I had a tingly feeling (like pins and needles) in 1 breast when my girls were very young (4-6 weeks). My OB suggested it was a poor latch on that side (I think it was my left boob and since I am right handed I could latch one of my daughers on the right side better). So I worked on latching on the left side (then it was all about making a boob sandwich and making sure my daughter's mouth was open wide and getting as much of the aereola into her mouth as possible). Then the sensation went away.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

I didn't really feel letdown for about 2-3 wks. It was very STRONG after that though, still is often.

I used to letdown randomly though (and spray milk everywhere since I have oald, awesome :/). I used to joke to dh that I knew he was hungry before he did.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

I like the term "zings" - that's kind of what it feels like to me!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

**** if anyone reads this in the future, I wanted to note that the symptoms that I was having was the beginning of thrush. Wanted to make sure that no one is mis-informed
    So proud to be Avery's mama 12/26/11

Hmm, most women describe thrush as a burning or itching or even shooting pain sensation, rather than "tingling" but of course, these are not easy to describe sensations! Glad you've gotten it sorted out!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.