Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wean? Mom's question from New Beginnings

Default Wean? Mom's question from New Beginnings

Hi - this is the most recent question from a mom in the New Beginnings LLLUSA magazine. Any words of wisdom for her? Please feel free to be detailed, in reply here or in a private message. Your answer may be published; please let me know if that is NOT ok! Here is the question:

“I work full time and my son is almost a year old. I know that there are reasons that moms continue to nurse, but are there any specific benefits to working moms and babies that I should consider?”

Thanks in advance for all you do, LLL mamas!

Default Re: Wean? Mom's question from New Beginn

I should mention that if you would like your real name and city/state published rather than your forum name, please send it to me in a private message. Thanks!

Nursing is the best way to reconnect with your child after working all day. You and he immediately relax. Also the fact that nursing toddlers get sick less often and you don't have to worry about missing work or taking sick kids to the doctor all the time.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

didn't we answer this question a few days ago....I know I answered and yet my answer isn't here.

Way too lazy for formula

I am currently nursing my 13 mo old still and also working. It is nice to be able to bond at the end of the day, especially before bed since he goes to sleep as soon as he nurses, which makes it much easier to put him to bed! Also, when I got the stomach flu a couple weeks ago, I knew he would stand less of a chance of getting it if I was still nursing him. He never did get it thank goodness!
    Passed my CLC exam!

Mother of 3: 12-25-04 12-3-07 1-13-2011

djsmom - you did answer this. I posted it in 3 spots to get to different moms. Thank you for posting your reply (and thank all of you)!