Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about food-body-milk

Question Question about food-body-milk

I have looked all over, but can not find a direct answer to this question - hope someone can help.

If I eat, lets say cheese for example, how long does it take for my body to process the food into milk?

Or if I take a medication (antibiotics which I have to take everytime I go to the dentist), for one day, how long will it stay in my boby? and stay in the milk?

I want to be able to hold nursing because I don't want my baby to take the meds.

Default Re: Question about food-body-milk

DO you know which particular medication you are taking...everything is different, so it depends what it is. As far as the food...that I am not sure, but if you tell me the name of the medication I can try and find out the time for you...I think its Dr. Hale that is the expert on that?? I can't remember but I will find it.

Default Re: Question about food-body-milk

I found this website that addresses the food-milk timing. http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/h...kcontent.shtml
    I hope it helps. As far as the antibiotics go, it should be safe for you to continue breastfeeding while taking them. Just make sure your dr knows your breastfeeding so he knows which med to give. If your really concerned speak with your childs pediatrition before taking the med. Less than 2% of most meds pass into breastmilk- that would be less than the usual dose for the baby in most cases. Kellymom.com has great info on medications and breastfeeding. http://www.kellymom.com/health/index.html Good Luck

Question Re: Question about food-body-milk

The dentist usually gives me Amoxicillin