Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 9.5 wks and acting funny????

Default 9.5 wks and acting funny????

My LO has started acting funny while BFing...he will nurse nicely for 5-10 minutes and then start kicking, headbutting and pulling off. Then we switch breasts and the same thing again. Does this mean he is finished and full or I don't have enough milk for him?

He is not overly fussy at all. We have been feeding on demand but I will admit sometimes in nurse him before he shows signs of hunger just to be safe. My breasts rarely feel full anymore, either...

I just want to make sure I'm not running out of milk!!!

Default Re: 9.5 wks and acting funny????

Oh no you are not running out of milk at all This sounds very normal to me for his age. It sounds like he is learning how to drain the breasts faster and is draining them in that time period and gets fussy when he is ready to switch and then done. Also once your milk regulates to your baby then you don't often feel full anymore. Often you feel quite soft. This is very normal and even a good sign that your milk is regulated to your baby Just keep feeding him on demand and you'll be great! Great job mama!
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Thank you!! I just needed some reassurance

My LO will also be fussy and squirmy if he's trying to poo while nursing. Then he is so content once he's finished with that.