Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling overwhelmed and tired

Default Re: Feeling overwhelmed and tired

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*decbaby View Post
    I haven't tried nip yet. I'm scared to because lo gets distracted and won't nurse happily if he's tired. I think that's holding me back.
    i had this problem and tried to make the car a nursing haven. set up nice music/white noise type cd. covered up the windows with window those sun shade thingies. used a boppy or pillow in the car. and also i would practice in the car to get her used to it as a nursing location. it worked and she will nurse in the car probably 95% of the time for outings. maybe a special snack, song, toy, book, might help to distract the 2 yr old.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

I feel your frustration (althought I only have one baby, must be so much harder w/ two). My ds wouldn't sleep w/out movement, so when I needed a break, he slept in his bouncy seat. I had an automatic one from brightstarts, it had the BEST bouncy motion, he loved it! Sometimes I could walk him to sleep in a carrier then slip him into his bouncy seat. He didn't like the swing as much until he was about 4 months...
    And I do the same as a pp, nurse in the car instead of the store or wherever I am (bc of my son being so distracted). Is there some music or toy your 2 year old would like while you sit & nurse in the car?
    Mommy to Bradley, 8/2011, the love of my life

I also have never gotten a ring sling to work for me. I concur that the mie tie is great, and so is the baby hawk oh snap. I like the moby though too. It's easier then it seems once you are used to it. But, he is probably out growing it so the mie tie or oh snap would be better. I don't know enough about the becco to know if they are good or not. I would suggest going to some stores and trying different ones on. We have boutiques here that sell all kinds to try out. And I also agree target has a lot of good ones to try on. To tell you the truth their cheap mie tie is not much different at all then the baby hawk version. And babies r us sells it too, for a pretty good price.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

Well the car might work but with two carseats in the back there's not much room to move the seat back any. I could try it. My 2 year old would be fine sitting in his seat for awhile w music or whatever. Thanks for all the tips.

Lo slept a 4.5 hour stretch last night, yay!

Slide over to the passenger seat to nurse.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Yea it's a tight fit on both sides. Driver side wouldn't work at all.

I would suggest side-carring the baby. Having to stand up and walk even 3 ft definitely makes you more tired in the middle of the night.

I third or fourth the mei-tai. You can get one with buckles instead of ties, and then it's super easy. You have to wear your baby regularly for them to enjoy it imo. They also make a baby hammock, so you can rock the baby w your foot while laying on the couch yourself.

My son didn't nap for longer that 45 mins until he was well over a year, and never slept at night for more than 2 hours. It's okay to tell your older guy that it's quiet time and have him lay down/play quietly when your baby is sleeping, so you can rest too. At this point it's more about what you can do to cope, instead of getting more sleep, if that just isn't an option.

As far as going stir crazy, I suggest finding anyone to come over, especially if they have a kiddo for your older guy to play with. Group outings are also easier, my 17 mos old would run wild if it is just us, but if he has another toddler to follow he's much more compliant.

Last, it's okay to find a sitter and take one or both kids over there for a few hours, a few times a week. It will improve your kids social skills, help your baby to learn to develop a trusting relationship with others, and you can get a nap. You don't have to do it all ♥ Sitters know other families with kids! Insta friends!

Last, on the NIP, I'm sure you are a pro, but the moms i know and myself included wear a nursing bra, a cami, and then a t-shirt. You pull the t-shirt up, the cami down, so there is a little gap like this () sideways. if you used your hubby's or whoever's jacket you could still stay warm too !
    Last edited by @llli*carmen.arizona; January 31st, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!

We have cousins close by but my sil doesn't have a car. We played this week, it's just a pain packing up the baby...I didn't mention he hates the carseat. So that's another reason I don't like driving far.

My mom came in town to help me too. She's about 4 hours away. So that helped.

Not sure what to do about nighttime. Not sure dh wants to move baby back to our room but I think he slept better close to us. All of a sudden baby's door is squeaking loud and waking my toddler, not good. Ugh always something.

I tried the baby carrier and he wouldn't sleep in it. We walked for about 10 minutes and he started crying. I make high needs babies I guess.
    SAHM to my sweet December baby boy.

not sure about the rest, but the door squeaking might go away with some WD-40
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog