Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this a plugged duct??

Default Is this a plugged duct??

So I've noticed over the past week or so a couple of very painful bumps under the skin right on the edge of my armpit near where my chest meets my armpit. The one on the right armpit went away on its own, but I still have one on the left. Is it possible to get a plugged duct that far back?? I'm trying to rule things out. I did switch deodorants recently, so I switched back to my old kind, in case that was the case, but the bump is still there. I just thought of the possibility of plugged duct today, so I tried massaging it in the shower. It still feels like it's there. I've never had a plugged duct before so I don't know what to expect. Thanks!
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

Default Re: Is this a plugged duct??

That sounds like it might be a swollen lymph node, to me anyway. How do you feel, besides that? Any cold coming on? Either way, you can put a hot pack on it to help.

It could be the tail of Spence. Google it and see if that could be so.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

That's right where your lymph nodes are. Is your throat sore at all?
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

d'oh! forgot I had lymph nodes there...I don't feel particularly sick, although my nose is SO dry! (I normally have a perpetually runny nose in the winter) DD seemed to have just gotten over a mild cold, so maybe I am fighting something. Susan-- I didn't realize it had a fancy name, but yes, that's right where it is.. When my DD was a newborn, I would feel a painful tingly sensation when my milk letdown all the way to my armpits, hence why I thought maybe plugged duct. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens.
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

I had the same experience when I had my second What IS this, and why do I have tingly feelings in my armpits
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!