Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supplementing with formula vs cows milk

Default Re: Supplementing with formula vs cows m

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommyann View Post
    I never understood that about yogurt either. How is a little yogurt okay but milk is not?
    The process that makes milk into yogurt breaks down the components somewhat, which means that it is less likely to trouble baby's intestinal lining and cause anemia.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

with yogurt too. When Gav was right after palate surgery and unable to have solids but he wanted more than just milk, yogurt was an awesome thing to give. He loved the drinkable one, and we dropped a bottle right there
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Hmm, that makes more sense about the yogurt now. Also, drinkable yugurt is a good idea!

I also talked to a LC at my local hospital when I called to check on renting a hospital grade pump, and she suggested that I try power pumping for at least a week. Where I pump 12 min on and 12 min off for an hour. So I tried that for the first time last night and it seemed to help a little.
    Joann

Wife to Ash 6/10/06
    Mommy to Dalton 3/11/11

Usually , but wish we were still

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they will never cease to be amused!
    -Unknown Author

Power pumping helped me a ton! I tried not doing it one day and I made about 4 oz less the entire day (which was a pretty big percentage of the milk I was pumping). Also, try eating brown rice, oatmeal, green leafy vegetables and barley. brown rice especially helped my supply.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I did not know that about brown rice. I have definately been getting the oatmeal, but I have not tried the ohers. I will try changing my diet a little too. Thanks!
    Joann

Wife to Ash 6/10/06
    Mommy to Dalton 3/11/11

Usually , but wish we were still

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they will never cease to be amused!
    -Unknown Author