Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: he is shortening!

Default he is shortening!

I am sure that this is all developmental, but he is shortening his feedings. He went from like 8 min each side, to 4 min. On weekends on EBF, but during the week he is at daycare. Lately, mornings have started to become a battle where he will feed one side fine, and then it takes another hour for him to get to the other side. Still each side is 4 min. At night before bed he is always a champ. I am sure that he is better at it, and I know he is more distractable. I have tried feedings in his room, with no lights, not distractions...but the wall is a distraction to him. Pumping has been going well. I pump enough for him for the next day at daycare.

He is 5 1/2 months old.

Is this something that is just normal and I should move past the mental hang-up?

Default Re: he is shortening!

If he is satisfied after he's probably fine. Let him nurse as often as he needs and for as long or short as he needs. How is diaper output?

He had 7 wet diapers and a few poppy today. Behavior wise, he is fine. I think it is just a new thing.

At 6 months old A1 was still only feeding one side per time and she'd only take about 5 minutes. Could be he is getting full after the first side.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!