Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vasospasms & Thrush How to deal w/ pain?

Default Re: Vasospasms & Thrush How to deal w/ p

So as little bit of an update, my doctor did call in some Diflucan. I took it last night and am waiting to see if it works. I nursed about an hour ago and the pain was already some better so I am feeling optimistic. As for all the other questions:

I have read a lot about Gentian Violet and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I prefer all natural treatments over prescription meds, but there seems to be a lot of controversy around that one. If the yeast continues I might be willing to pursue it, but right now just not ready to go down that path. I appreciate the idea though.

My son is being treated at the same time. It's just he's being treated with Nystatin since that is what his pediatrician called in. I'm a little worried since you all are saying it's ineffective, but I'm hoping since he really doesn't have any symptoms that it will be okay. I would hate to get this all cleared up though and it returns because he gave it back to me. I'm not sure what to do about that right now but see how it plays out.

As for the bleeding, I guess it could have been from damage but I'm not sure. It looked like it was coming out from one of my ducts, however, he gave me a few blisters earlier in the week and while I thought they were completely healed maybe there is still a little something there I can't see. I really don't know, but no, it hasn't happened again since then.

Thanks again for all the advice. I really appreciate it!

I have to admit I didn't go for gentian violet either, I wasn't pleased that it was a carcinogen, but several people I know thought otherwise. For me it was APNO all the way. Probably not any better but it worked.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

I used GV for a terrible case of thrush. I am not entirely sure it really helped. I think Grapefruit seed extract worked better in all honesty when combined with the Diflucan for me and the baby. You have to take the GSE several hours IIRC 4-6 hours?? away from the Diflucan and probitiocs. The GSE will make your other meds not work.

http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=...cles&Itemid=17

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!