So as little bit of an update, my doctor did call in some Diflucan. I took it last night and am waiting to see if it works. I nursed about an hour ago and the pain was already some better so I am feeling optimistic. As for all the other questions:
I have read a lot about Gentian Violet and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I prefer all natural treatments over prescription meds, but there seems to be a lot of controversy around that one. If the yeast continues I might be willing to pursue it, but right now just not ready to go down that path. I appreciate the idea though.
My son is being treated at the same time. It's just he's being treated with Nystatin since that is what his pediatrician called in. I'm a little worried since you all are saying it's ineffective, but I'm hoping since he really doesn't have any symptoms that it will be okay. I would hate to get this all cleared up though and it returns because he gave it back to me. I'm not sure what to do about that right now but see how it plays out.
As for the bleeding, I guess it could have been from damage but I'm not sure. It looked like it was coming out from one of my ducts, however, he gave me a few blisters earlier in the week and while I thought they were completely healed maybe there is still a little something there I can't see. I really don't know, but no, it hasn't happened again since then.
Thanks again for all the advice. I really appreciate it!