Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Crawling...

Default Crawling...

I try not to compare my lo to others but he is 7months old today....he doesn't crawl. Should I be concerned? I feel as if he gets plenty of tummy time (as much as he allows).

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

Default Re: Crawling...

Absolutely not! He is totally normal. Babies can wait a while to crawl. Some are way early. Some wait longer. My niece was over 1 before she started!!

It's ok. Keep giving him that tummy time when he'll do it, and he'll do it when he's ready.
    Miss Sassy Pants 1/9/05 BF 13 months
    The Animal 5/25/11 . . . BF 15 months
    Just welcomed Flash 4/24/13 . . . getting to know each other
    Married to the man of my dreams.

I'm a blogging mama too: www.clutteredgenius.com

My DS didn't crawl with his tummy off of the floor until around 8.5 months, but he meets all of his milestones and is developing typically. I think you will find that crawling ages are highly variable. Don't sweat the small stuff, mama, he will be crawling before you know it!

Joe was more than 8 months as well, but then walked right at a year. I think anytime before a year is in the range of normal/common, and some (perfectly normal) kids do wait until after a year. Seven months is still early, IMO.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

my baby only started to crawl at 9 months. and in the beginning she was only dragging herself with tummy on floor. now she's just turned 10 months and just started lifting her tummy when she crawls.

i also heard that some babies skip crawling altogether and go directly to walking.

every baby is different... my baby only rolled over at 7 months! as long as my dr wasn't worried, i wasn't either.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Not to worry
    My girls are almost 9 months and not crawling. one is rocking on all fours and will push herself around backwards and roll so she gets where she wants, but not in 'normal crawling' way. one has no interest in crawling and I am not concerned. My son never really master crawling and started cruising around 10 months, walking at 13 months and never looked back.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months