Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 19 mo nurses ALL night long!

Default 19 mo nurses ALL night long!

DS is 19 months old. We bedshare/cosleep, and always have, and his crib is sidecar'd with our bed. He still night nurses/dream feeds. A lot. Like, all night long. He can't sleep unless attached to a boob. He even nurses through his naps.

A typical night is as follows: we go to bed, he nurses, falls asleep. He comes off, rolls over, at which point I fall asleep. Some time later he latches back on and stays on for pretty much the rest of the night, until we wake up in the morning.

If I try to pop him off, he roots around with his mouth open until he finds the nipple again or he wakes up enough to cry.

I don't want to completely night wean him quite yet, as he's a very picky eater and I feel that his nighttime nursing really fills in the gaps in his nutrition. That, and I'm fundamentally lazy.

I guess I just need to vent to some people who understand, and to be told that this is normal and that he'll STTN when he's developmentally ready. Thanks for listening! Er, reading.
    Breastfeeding, babywearing, sci-fi loving, total geek of a mom!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. — Dr. Seuss

Default Re: 19 mo nurses ALL night long!

there was another thread on here in the last couple of days of people with 18 month olds who do the same thing! so you're definitely not alone.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Default Re: 19 mo nurses ALL night long!

it's the "Human pacifier all night long" thread -
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.