Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DS not sleeping well at night :-(

Default Re: DS not sleeping well at night :-(

I agree about introducing a probiotic into his diet, either with a yogurt or one mixed with a little BM. Culturelle makes a good powder form probiotic for kids that can be mixed with a bit of BM and given with a syringe. HTH
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

is a probiotic really going to make him sleep better? at this rate I don't think its a digestive thing...I guess I will try because it can't hurt (right?). I'm just so tired and sometimes tempted to crank up the white noise and let him CIO but then I remember that I believe in attachment parenting and that it would be a massive breach in trust to do so! Anyway I'm also a student in night school so its extra difficult. Also, these desires arent purely selfish...he seems miserable during the day and is utterly EXHAUSTED after 1.5 hours of wake time. HE used to be more pleasant and calm when his sleep was more consolidated but now we are both irritable poopie heads...bleeeeegh. I get that he misses me at night (i miss him too, sometimes) but I wish he could miss sleeping more than me for those 12 hours! whew, sorry....this turned into a vent...

You mentioned in your first post that he has reflux and gas. A probiotic can help with this. It can help to balance out the overproduction of all the enzymes and acid. It can help to regulate his system. When I added one into my son's diet (at first because of an allergy to dairy), I saw an immediate reaction. I still give one now because it can help with the diarrhea caused from teething. If your LOs belly is more comfortable, he'll sleep better.
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

Still not sleeping well! BMs are much better and gas seems to have pretty much dissipated. I hate to say this but he is crying in his crib right now. I have been trying to put him to bed for well over an hour. Honestly, I think he is over-tired and I need to move his bed time way up from 7:30. Also, I need some night specific sleep associations because I have an inkling that because i always nurse and put white noise on before his nap times he may just think he is going for a nap and therefore wakes at 9 and 11. (He will actually refuse to nurse until around 3 am where he will guzzle down his milk). I know letting him cry is horrible and I don't plan on making this a common occurrence but I tried rocking, nursing, tush patting and any other trick and he just WONT SETTLE. he is not hungry, not wet, not in pain...i think just waaaay overtired. Saturdays always throw off his usual schedule but I dont know why he is SO wound up today. Has anyone had a good experience by moving bedtime up? I hope he doesnt start waking at 5am!