Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally frustrated

Default Re: Totally frustrated

Oh yes that will help with the imbalance for sure!!! Are you pumping in addition to feedings or in place of feedings like at work? If you are pumping in place of feedings that's fine but if you are pumping in addition to feedings then definitely stop that. It will create more of an imbalance. Yes 6-8 ounces is quite a bit to be pumping right now. At eight weeks he doesn't need nearly that much at one feeding. My dd A2 is on 1.2 ml of Zantac 3 times a day. Not sure what Axid is. Maybe as the doc if he can have it 3 times a day instead of 2. Also really push the block feeding and only one breast per feeding. Your breast has to feel full in order for your brain to get the message to produce less. Its really uncomfortable for a week or so but then its soooo much better. Just a heads up don't be alarmed when your breasts stop feeling engorged all the time. It doesn't mean you don't have milk it just means you are now producing just what your child needs instead of too much. Lots of skin time is definitely a good move! Its relaxing to both of you Keep us updated!
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Last night was HORRIBLE. From 3 am on he was gassy, crying and sounded just plain miserable. He gave my husband a big blow out diaper this morning and then he gave me a smaller one this afternoon. I had an egg and a bagel with dairy free butter last night before bed. So, I am thinking maybe it is an egg allergy? His diaper looks like an orange/green tinged color to me. I attached a link to his diaper photo. If anyone has the stomach to look at another's dirty diaper, what do you think? Allergy looking poo? http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u5/thebrg/109-2.jpg

Actually, that looks like pretty normal poo to me.

I think one of the hardest things for a nursing mom is to release yourself from the idea that everything your baby does is somehow related to something you did or didn't do, or something you ate. Sometimes weird baby behavior is just... Weird baby behavior. Unrelated to your milk. Don't diagnose allergies without talking to your pediatrician, and doing dietary eliminations, because one wierd poop and one crazy night isn't enough data on which to base a conclusion.

I am really sorry you had such an awful night. I hope things go better tonight! This is a rotten stage, but it's just a stage. It will end. I promise.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Looks normal to me.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Normal.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!