Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: DCP on vacation

Default DCP on vacation

DCP is on vacation next week. I am thinking of leaving more smaller bottles with family and friends this week, as they don't have as much experience with feeding a BF baby. I want him to get enough food but not be overfed. DS is also going thru a growth spurt. He usually drinks between 2-3 4 oz bottles a day, DCP will give more/less than a bottle if that is what DS wants, he reads W's cues very well.

I am thinking of leaving 3 oz bottles and just leaving more of them (say 5). 2 days he will be home with SIL and 1 day home with my brother so they will have milk in the freezer just in case.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Default Re: DCP on vacation

Sounds like a good plan!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Default Re: DCP on vacation

Sounds good to me, too! I know the book "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" has tear-out sheets on how to bottle-feed the breastfed baby, and Kellymom.com has some instructions, too, here: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/bottle-feeding.html There's a PDF version you can print out, if you think it would help to leave a sheet of instructions.
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014