Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever pumped milk for a friend?

Default Re: Anybody ever pumped milk for a frien

I didn't pump for friends since I had low supply anyway, but I received frozen milk from friends and even acquaintances (and one lady through a mutual breastfeeding support woman) but then when my little girl turned into a toddler and she wasn't really into getting thawed milk anymore I was able to pay it forward, so to speak, and share with another mommy acquaintance with low supply. I was sooooo happy to be able to help her and I know if I ever make adequate to extra milk I would love to share with a friend or sister.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ohiomama View Post
    I didn't pump for friends, but I shared all of my frozen milk with other mamas after lincoln passed and they were each SO very grateul. It feels good to help out!
    That is THE most beautiful, selfless thing I have EVER heard. That actually brought a tear to my eye.
    If I had been the recipient of your milk, I would have told my baby how special that milk was with each drop he drank. Thank you for posting such a heartwarming post.
    Exclusively BF since 2/1/11 with no end in sight.
    THE greatest joy of my life.

Thank you.

I'm not alone in doing that though and have a few fellow baby-loss mama friends who did the same. It means just as much for us to donate it as it does for a mama to receive it.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

I think YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I would do it too. And my adult DD offered me her milk when I was working (my DS and DGS are 7mo apart), it was a huge relief for me knowing DS would always have enough!
    Your friend is lucky to have you

jenn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

JoEllen that is such a wonderful thing you did. It is nice to see some good come from such a tragedy. What strength you have or being so selfless with your stash.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

I think it's a beautiful thing that you are doing. I would do the same for a friend

It is wonderful! Double immunity!
    EBFing, CDing, BWing, co-sleeping mamma to Bennett (9/5/11).
    Excited to be a BM donor through Indiana Mothers Milk Bank (http://www.immb.org/).

I have donated my entire freezer stash to a local mama with IGT. Her second baby is my third baby's milk brother, and now her third is my fourth's milk brother. She comes by and picks up milk as she needs it out of my freezer; I filled it entirely in about 3 months last year. It was there as a fail-safe in case something happened to my supply in Gav's first year; I don't need it now, so someone might as well benefit.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I have pumped for two babies, the first was my friends son who lost her supply at 9 mos. I pumped for him until he was just over a year. This was when my LO was really little. Recently I pumped for another friends son who was going to be having surgery and wasn't taking formula very well. Surprise surprise, he loved milk!
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!

I haven't pumped for a friend, but I donated over 250 oz to a woman I connected to on Eats on Feets. Just putting that out there in case others are looking for informal ways to donate extra milk. You can find EOF on Facebook. I enjoy seeing that woman's little girl on FB now and knowing I had a tiny part in helping her grow.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!