Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obsessing: Please help

Default Re: Obsessing: Please help

Just a thought, but would a sound machine help? Have it running in the background. It might help with the distractions.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

An awesome thought - and we have one. Doesn't help. Kid has my teacher ears - hears EVERYTHING. (Not lying. I could hear kids' convos from across the room when I was teaching HS f2f - they hated it! "How does she DO that!?")

I was thinking about turning the radio on in the kitchen all day long or something - so that it becomes a normal thing to just have noise all the time. This house IS quiet when DH and DD are gone during the day...
    Miss Sassy Pants 1/9/05 BF 13 months
    The Animal 5/25/11 . . . BF 15 months
    Just welcomed Flash 4/24/13 . . . getting to know each other
    Married to the man of my dreams.

I'm a blogging mama too: www.clutteredgenius.com

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*richmama View Post
    An awesome thought - and we have one. Doesn't help. Kid has my teacher ears - hears EVERYTHING. (Not lying. I could hear kids' convos from across the room when I was teaching HS f2f - they hated it! "How does she DO that!?")

I was thinking about turning the radio on in the kitchen all day long or something - so that it becomes a normal thing to just have noise all the time. This house IS quiet when DH and DD are gone during the day...
    The bold is what I was thinking actually. My mother told me with my first to not tip toe around. To have a house with a lot of life and let them get use to sleeping with noise. So we do. Unfortunately, my son is still easily distracted when he's nursing. I think it's more about not wanting to miss any of the party.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Yup. Going to try this tomorrow. Today, at his lunch nursing, I sang the ABCs to him. Seemed to work for the moment. I'm going to keep trying everything I can think of.

You ladies rock.
    Miss Sassy Pants 1/9/05 BF 13 months
    The Animal 5/25/11 . . . BF 15 months
    Just welcomed Flash 4/24/13 . . . getting to know each other
    Married to the man of my dreams.

I'm a blogging mama too: www.clutteredgenius.com