Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby not eating much

Default Baby not eating much

I EP for DD, I have since she was a little over two months old (she'll be 11 months old on the 20th). She normally eats about 35 ounces of EBM daily. However, for the last few days, she's not taking much in, I'm estimating that she's getting about 20-24 ounces of EBM, plus solids and the water that she gets in her sippy at mealtime. Is this okay for a child her age? Her output is 5-7 wet diapers and 1-2 poopy ones daily, this seems to be normal for her.

I'm just worried that she's not eating much breastmilk. If this seems to become a new trend for her, should I slow down on the number of times I'm pumping? I've always had oversupply and have no idea how to stop producing when the time comes...

TIA!

ETA: I should also mention that I think she's teething. Her molars seem to be coming in.
    Last edited by @llli*bnbsmomma; November 9th, 2006 at 02:53 PM. Reason: ETA: I should also mention that I think she's teething. Her molars seem to be coming in.
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)

Default Re: Baby not eating much

Anyone have any input?

TIA!
    Amber

Thanks for bumping this post; we try to make sure all posts get a response, but when the board gets busy, sometimes a post can slip down unanswered.

It is not unusual for a baby's appetite to decrease temporarily when teething. The molars can be particularly troublesome! As long as she is making good diapers, seems reasonably happy/alert, and is being fed when she cues that she is hungry, then she is probably okay despite taking less EBM than previously.

Thanks Rebecca. I figured she was doing okay but it always makes me nervous when she goes for more than a day or so.

Amber
    Amber