Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bitiing,feed asleep only+dehydrated

Unhappy Bitiing,feed asleep only+dehydrated

Hi everyone, I'm posting for a friend who is really struggling. She has been having BF issues for some time. I have given all the info advice on biting but her lo has bit that hard and pulled back that much she has made her bleed they have been having feeding issues on and off for a while now. Any advice on how she can get her to carry on BF as she is flatly refusing at the minute but also refusing to feed from her unless she is alseep. If she tries to feed her when she is awake she bites her then screams Took her to the docs today over a suspected chest infection and they told her she needs to get more fluid into her. She wont feed from a bottle or cup or her, she has only had one nap today so only one feed. Mum is beside herself with worry and also at the point of trying to formula feed because of how damaged her nipples are and desperately worried because of dehydration.
    I have passed on all the info I can find on this site regarding biting, but couldn't find anything about where a baby only feeds when asleep. Baby is 8 months old.
    Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Bitiing,feed asleep only+dehydrated

If the baby won't feed from a bottle, how will she get formula?

Try looking up information about nursing strikes, which is what this sounds like. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months