Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Water in pump tubes.

Default Water in pump tubes.

Hi All!

So I sterlized my pumping tubes in a steam bag (microwave) this morning. I only did that because I dropped my tubing in a cup a of coffee...oops!

I started pumping hours later not thinking about it and noticed when i was done that water was creaping into the connector! Should I toss out the milk? I'm a super worry wort, but milk is like gold to me. It's about 10 ounces, which is a TON for me to even pump!

Thanks.

Default Re: Water in pump tubes.

Also I have never washed these tubings with soap.

What kind of pump is it?

I wouldnt worry about it myself I often grab bottles that are still wet from washing or steaming and pump into them.

Id be more worried about water getting into my pump!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I wouldn't worry about it either. Everytime I sterilized my tubes, I'd get a little water in there, and it would work its way out at some point, probably into the milk now that you mention it! But it's just a drop, after all.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.