Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby not nursing as much

Default baby not nursing as much

Hi! My son is 6 1/2 months old and he's been eating solids (baby food) for 1 month now. i work full time and he gets 4 ( 4-oz) bottles in an 8-hour period and then i nurse him 2-3 more times at home before he goes to sleep. he's been eating baby food twice a day and only after eating BM. lately, he's shown no interest to nurse when i try to feed him 2 or 3 hours later . i would try to nurse him and it only ended up with him arching his back and biting me!!! he will nurse before he goes to sleep around 8:00 pm and one or two more times at night. i'm concerned that he's not getting enough BM even though i don't think he's starving...he will eat a snack or baby food if i give it to him. is this normal or should i lay off the baby food during the day so that he will want to nurse more at night?! am i making sense?
    thanks!

Default Re: baby not nursing as much

How much baby food at each sitting? Maybe lay off the last solid meal and he will be more interested in the bm. And I wouldn't offer a snack. It could just be a matter of wanting to play instead of eating too.

Default Re: baby not nursing as much

he usually eat 1 cup of gerber baby food in the afternoon and i small cup of oatmeal in the afternoon. he would also drink about 12-16 oz of BM during the 8 hour peroid also. is the baby food filling up him that much for him not to want to eat more?