Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think hes thirsty!

Default Re: I think hes thirsty!

But keep in mind (and I've said this in other threads) that you have to know your audience. If you get into the "whys" of no juice, do you think she's open to hearing it (i.e. actually interested)? Or is she just going to see it as an opening to say "Well I did it with my son, your husband, and he's fine." If they're not interested in the "whys", they just see it as a reason to continue arguing with you. As if you're explaining it because you're still on the fence.

So 'know your audience'. And if they aren't open to what you're saying, the answer is a simple "NO." and walk away.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Gah. Remind me to be respectful of my future daughter-in-law even if she makes different choices than mine, 'kay? (Of course, if she decides to formula feed because it's "easier" this could be a challenge. )

ETA: I think it's important to remember that one reason our parents may have an issue with us breastfeeding is that it feels like a criticism of the way they parented us. Like we're saying they were wrong. Sometimes I try to bend over backwards to acknowledge my mom's expertise in some area that is not as important to me, because I find it calms her down in other areas. We moms are kind of sensitive, you know? And I don't know that it goes away as your children grow up and decide to do things "differently" than you. However, some parents (my MIL is a great example) handle it with grace - others, not so much.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

AWWW Mommas you all are SOOO great! Im going to respond to all of you since computers are not my *thing* so that hole quoting thing ERRRR!

FIRSR: thanks for ALL the support

SECOND: that "Crazy ladie" is just that CRAZY! So is SIL & FIL I have honestly tried EVERY approch with them they just dont get it! HE IS MY BABY
    Iv posted in the *in-laws* too if youe curiouse.

THIRD: IMHO no matter what it is when it comes to DS & even DH it is WRONG to them, Ive learned to deal. My DH and I are EXTREAM oppisites he is quiet, passive I am NOT, but thats a whole nother topic!

SO my conclusion: I brought 2 cups, one had BM one had water. I gave her VERY CLEAR instructions (like I did the other time) DS was cranky the whole time cus he dont like you! "nothing would calm him down" He slept for a hour ( like I said he would)

He was crying again so "we gave him a candy cane" REALLY!!!

UHG so that will be the LAST time my DS is EVER alone with her again!

He didnt drink any of his BM or water Probly cus she didnt give it to him

Some people are just plain WRONG!

Thanks again for the support

jenn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

W-o-w! A CANDY CANE!?!?! Ya I agree. Never leave her alone with him again. Wow. I'm so sorry. Dang. Oh and I just saw here is some lovely baby *dust* sending your way I don't need any right now so I'll send it all to you!
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Not in front of your IL's of course, but what did your DH have to say about the candy cane? Does he now accept that his parents aren't respecting you as parents?

And really, a candy cane? WTH?!?! That's a pretty powerful taste for such a young babe.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

OH MY LORD. A candy cane!!! How old is your DS? Wow. Wow.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

She didn't think he was crying because he was hungry? Or just worried about where his mom might be?

Gav ate some candy canes at the holidays. He got one before I knew it and munched it right down. He got a couple others after that. But to give him one because he's crying...

Yeah, I would not be having her watch him again. Probably until he's like five and can speak for himself.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Yeah, I would not be having her watch him again. Probably until he's like five and can speak for himself.
    Yeah, and can report back to mama!
    Kate

Mother to a sweet boy, born at 34 weeks on 2/11/11.
    Proud that I grew 26 lbs of baby before solids, and still counting...

We received banked milk in the NICU. Thank you, donors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    Not in front of your IL's of course, but what did your DH have to say about the candy cane? Does he now accept that his parents aren't respecting you as parents?

And really, a candy cane? WTH?!?! That's a pretty powerful taste for such a young babe.
    If only my DH had a back bone when it came to his mom
    We *talked* about it, meaning he listened to me *complain* AGAIN while he says agrees with everything I feel, he also pacifies her the same way, anything to avoid feathers being ruffled I've learned to deal with it and he has always said I have the last say so in when/IF DS (11.5mo) goes again. He sure wont EVER be left alone with her EVER EVER EVER!
    This is our 1st LO together so Im still learning how he parents, I have all the confidence in him that he will someday see where Im coming from. Hes my biggest BF support and he loves *my* parenting style so i know he will get there, in the mean time I take lots of deep breaths
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST