Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twiddling

Default Twiddling

OMG, I am going to pull my hair out. W was a twiddler, but it started young and it was always just his other hand. I thought I was in the clear with G but around 12 months she found the other boob and she isn't happy unless both hands and feet are on my other boob, twisting, tugging, pinching, pulling. And she screams if I tell her no, or no more nursing. I know there really isn't an answer--I am mostly looking for sympathy/empathy.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Default Re: Twiddling

Ugh. This sucks. I've been through this with Joe, and it never resolved 100%.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

The twiddling/hand in the bra is going to be what stops me nursing. Right now it is what stops 80%+ of nursing sessions. :ghug
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Lame. I don't get twiddling, but I get feet in the face all. the. time. Toddlers. Gotta love 'em, right? Because it's not legal to sell 'em.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Lame. I don't get twiddling, but I get feet in the face all. the. time. Toddlers. Gotta love 'em, right? Because it's not legal to sell 'em.
    When Joe's not twiddling, he's kicking and pushing hard against my stomach and breasts with his feet and knees. It hurts.

Not legal to sell 'em!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I get a fist in the mouth. I mean literally in my mouth. Or he pulls on my lower lip. When we are side laying I get the feet in the stomach or groin. And I get a hard teeth clamp down on my nipple if I try to end the session. Isn't it grand nursing toddlers?
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

I'm going through the exact same thing. I'm sometimes able to cover the other boob with my hand but I let him play with it if I want him to fall asleep so that he doesn't get frustrated and leave, it's the worst bribe ever. I figured it's less annoying if I cut his nails short, which is another battle...

mommal

Oh I SO feel this pain. I tried to prevent the twiddling but it snuck up on me anyway. The sad part is that a lot of times when Tai asks to nurse, all she actually really wants to do is put her face on my naked boob and twiddle, and she seems to get so much comfort from it. But it drives me up the everlovin walls. So I remove her and put my shirt back on and she cries that cry like when you take away their lovey.
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

my DS does all of that too, the older he gets the more his hands/fingers fiddle. with EVERYTHING
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

I'm sorry, I pull my little girl's hand out so fast if she twiddles with the other side or my nursing tank or anything and then get a stuffed animal for her to hold. Ugh, it seriously makes my skin crawl.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.