Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: We've made it five months!

Default We've made it five months!

YAY!!!!

I hope it's okay to post this here, but I'm just so excited!!!! LOL DD is 6 and I never could get her to latch, so I pumped the first four months and then had supply issues. I had guilt for not being able to BF her since she was four months old!!!!!!

DS and I started out with soooo many issues from him being jaundice where he was too sleepy to eat from the breast or bottle, would choke so easily feeding with a syringe wasn't possible, was tongue-tied and caused me to have nipples that looked like they had been through a meat grinder (yuck!), then had numerous plugged ducts, a minor case of mastitis, then got thrush and thought it was all over!!!!! I ended up pumping to keep my supply up and giving him bottles because the thrush was just too unbearable!!!! I was going to quit altogether and a friend talked me into pumping because she knew how important this was to me (I LOVE HER!!!!). Then I talked to our local LLL leader and she told me my problem was thrush (didn't know that until she told me, lol, just thought he was not latching properly). Got that cleared up, got him back to the breast VERY easily and we're still at it!!!!! He'll be five months tomorrow and I can't believe we've made it this long!

I hope to BF until 2 unless he self weans before then and I'm so, so, so, so very thankful to have had this opportunity to BF him!!!!!!

Default Re: We've made it five months!

Congratulations!!! You've overcome quite a few hurdles, and it's great to hear that you're finally getting to enjoy bf'ing this time around! It's so worth all the hard work!
    Mommy to Bradley, 8/2011, the love of my life

Glad you stuck with it! WTG!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Well done, mama! It's so great to hear that you got the right advice when you needed it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Great job! I know exactly how you feel, each month that passes I want to brag about our accomplishments. Keep up the good work!
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

way to go! happy 5 months to you both
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Congratulations!!!!

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

Way to go , very happpy for you bothhh