Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Have you seen this?! SO EXCITED!

Default Have you seen this?! SO EXCITED!

On the side of my Facebook page today a breastfeeding cover add popped up for the Covillow. www.covillow.com It's a cover that goes all the way around!!! I have been SEARCHING for one of these! I am sooooooooo excited to get one!!!
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Default Re: Have you seen this?! SO EXCITED!

Hahaha I just saw the price...Ya that's not gonna happen. I'll have to try to make one. Probably I'll just sew some fabric around the back of my udder cover...
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Isn't it basically a poncho? Oh with a pillow attached. I think th pillow would make it awkward but this could be a good idea for distracted nursers as well.

But I have to say- If a cover makes breastfeeding in public more comfortable for some moms, I am all for that. But I dislike how the advertisement suggests that a mom cannot nurse in public without entirely covering herself and her baby. This suggests that nursing in public requires a mom to cover up when, legally at least, that is not usually true.

I don't cover my baby, but that looks like it would be awesome for traveling on an airplane.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Mostly I cover just so others don't feel awkward or embarrassed. And I'd like to cover my back so I"M not embarrassed lol. People are very supportive of breastfeeding here in Utah so that's nice.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

I travel a lot and don't like to be exposed when breastfeeding. I have tried other breastfeeding covers, but my baby would always pull it and expose me. So, I tried the Covillow. It is fantastic. I don't have to worry about anyone seeing under the cover anymore. Also, my toddler uses the pillow in the car when we are traveling. I think if you go the the Covillow Facebook page, they are offering a discount.

A cover like that would be great for putting distractible little ones to sleep while out in public. I used my hooter hider for it because it actually encouraged ds to close his eyes but going all the way around the back would have prevented him from pulling the side across and looking out.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Ya I like that you can't see in from the side. My back also gets cold sometimes even with a layer on. So I thought this would keep me less drafty lol
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    A cover like that would be great for putting distractible little ones to sleep while out in public. I used my hooter hider for it because it actually encouraged ds to close his eyes but going all the way around the back would have prevented him from pulling the side across and looking out.
    This is exactly why I don't use a cover. When Lilah was 9 months old I nursed her at the pediatrician's office with a cover on. I didn't notice that she had pulled the entire thing away and then unlatched and started looking around. I looked down and everything was hanging out. There was a pretty annoyed mother to a 7ish year old girl in there. So I stopped using the cover because it was annoying and just didn't work.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months