Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wean to morning night?

Default wean to morning night?

Hi - if i only BF my LO in the morning and night, including weekends, will I have enough milk for those times?

Default Re: wean to morning night?

You should be ok. My DD is 2.2 yrs old. I work FT so we nurse just in the morning and at night on weekdays and anytime she feels the need on weekends and we have no shortage.

Most mothers find that they will have plenty of milk on nights and weekends. Some do notice fullness on Monday during the day that isn't there by Friday, thanks to nursing all weekend.

Your milk supply is generated by demand - if baby asks for it, your body will make it.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Be sure your milk is well established first!
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

no, but what i meant was i wouldn't nurse during the day on weekends either, only morning and night. would that work???

I think for how ever little you decide to nurse your body will adjust accordingly. A friend of my is in the process of weaning her 21 mos old and is now down to BF just in the evening b/f bed. They've been doing this for a while now with no milk supply problems.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

Sally73, if you decide to only nurse mornings and evenings all week long, your supply will adjust. If you suddenly change to this schedule, expect some fullness during the daytimes as your body adjusts to the new schedule. You'll still have plenty of milk when you do want to nurse, and shouldn't experience much fullness the rest of the time.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Thank you!