Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sick LO (or teething??) And Supply

Question Sick LO (or teething??) And Supply

So, I think my DD is sick
    She screams and cries and is all stuffed up and coughing and her diarrhea never went away and she won't nurse and only I can seem to calm her down. She won't sleep in her crib, only on me. What do I do? I can't seem to suction her nose enough, she screams at the top of her lungs so she won't eat because she can't breathe.

I've felt empty all day minus if I get her to nurse and feel one let down and thats it.

The nose thing has been going on for a few days, she's started coughing more recently. The screaming just started this weekend. I don't know what to do. She still has a yeast infection too from the diarrhea caused from some food allergy so we've put a halt on all solids.

Sorry I'm repeating myself a lot but I just have NO idea what to do!
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

Default Re: Sick LO (or teething??) And Supply

Let her sleep on you, squirt some breastmilk up her nose. I give sme Tylenol if they are feverish or seem to have a sore throat. And keep offering to nurse. Usually they feel more like nursing in 12-24 hours. We had some nasty virus run through us that sounded kind of like that. Horrible If she doesn't want to nurse tomorrow, I'd probably check in with the doc.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Sick LO (or teething??) And Supply

Thankfully I'm off tomorrow due to it being a holiday because I'm not expecting DD to sleep through the night, I just checked on her and she sounds like a train rolling through w/ all the congestion.

She did have an appointment tomorrow anyways for her yeast infection (I made it just incase it hadn't gotten better) and now I'm glad the Dr. will be calling tomorrow to ask about it and I can mention the illness but I don't know if I should mark it off as a cold or teething still. This is my first and I obviously have no idea what I'm doing or what to expect.

I hope it's not a bug but no matter what, it breaks my heart.

As far as the nursing goes, we typically eat every 3-3.5 hours and today I've been offering around every 2-2.5 and not only do I want her to eat enough but I don't want to lose my supply when I'm already having issues.

Her poos are green and super loose so I'm not sure if that's diarrhea or just an imbalance of foremilk/hindmilk.
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"