Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going back to work soon.....

Default Going back to work soon.....

I have a good supply in the freezer and I am only going back to work part time in the mornings until summer break. Thank God for my kinder teaching job!

I will be having my girlfriend care for my baby in the mornings. I will be able to pump to stimulate for the lost feeding, but I have a couple of questions.

When should I introduce bottles (he will most definatley want at least one feed during the time I am gone)?

What bottles/nipples would you suggest for a 3 month old who has NEVER had a bottle?

Default Re: Going back to work soon.....

Try now with a bottle. Have your caretaker give it, while you aren't around, and see how it goes. Some babies are extremely resistant to bottles at 3 months.

Bottles...try a Breastflow. Or whatever you have. My third kid didn't want any bottle but this one weird thing I saw once, don't know the name of, and never saw again. It's trial and error really.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

This website has good articles with tips on getting a baby to take a bottle IF baby refuses the bottle. He may, he may not. When to introduce is up to you, I don't think there is a magic formula. Every baby is going to be different about this.

If all else fails, your caregive could give cup feeding a shot. Also I have heard of babies as young as four months taking a sippy cup when they have refused bottles.

This article is about bottlefeeding the breastfed baby and I think it has some very important tips: http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...astfedbaby.pdf

The only bottle my daughter would take was a Playtex drop in in latex, which I had to order online. It probably varies by baby. Maybe some are easy and some are high maintenance - like mine.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!