Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question for those who feed their baby baby food

Default Re: question for those who feed their baby baby food

texture, thickness, size and to a small degree ingredients (stage 1's are small, runny and single ingredient, stage 2's are bigger, somewhat thicker and some have 2 ingredient blends and stage 3's are somewhat thicker still and some have wheat/egg etc) Not even stage 3's are as thick as the foods I started DS on!
    Margaret and
    DS 2/06 nursed x1yr
    and DD 3/08, so far so good!

I'm not sure what brand of food you're using, but I think the Gerber website has pretty good information on when to move to different stages. I'd look at it for you right now, but I have a pretty big headache and really should just go to bed (stinkin' board addiction! ). Anyway, I think it tells you what your baby should be doing before moving to the next stage. The PP have all given great information on why they have different stages. But I think that the Gerber website will have info. on when to move up to new stages.

I use this hand grinder...
    it workes well for bigger babies to grind meat.
    http://store.llli.org/books/product/67

I just wanted to add too that cpr/1st aid isn't that hard to learn.
    call your local red cross, they teach just about anywhere if you have over 10 people to have the class with.

You can also check out your local hospitals, we offer a community CPR class the first Wed. of every month. CPR is so important to learn. How easy is it to learn how to dislodge a piece of food from our LO mouth if need be. I MADE my DH take the class. He really didnt have a choice in the matter.

Thank you for recipies, website links and the suggestions about CPR, I think I'll look into that on Monday! I'm going to go check out that website now, thank you everyone! Oh- and I did read on the Gerber website, which was very helpful!