Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not pooping or Watery yellow poop?

Default Re: Not pooping or Watery yellow poop?

We have not been able to have a real weight check yet. She was weighed on a good scale at birth (we had a homebirth) but at the one week check in, also at home, they didn't bring the scale, so we used our bathroom scale to get an idea. Obviously not at all accurate. Birth weight was 7lbs 12oz, scale at one week said 7lbs and since then every time I weight it says 8lbs. So I think she is gaining fine, just not sure on the exact numbers.

As for the oatmeal water, I think the intended purpose is to get a little extra fiber in her. Again, I'm thinking I probably wont do it since she did poop again. She does seem a but uncomfortable when she I'd pooping and farting for that matter, but not to the point that I think she is in any pain. She just gets a bit fussy.

Just wanted so input from some others with experience. Part of my problem is I am currently living in Brazil, i only speak a little Portuguese, and my pedi speaks very little english, so sometimes fully communicating is hard, but we manage. That and the way they do things here can be very different.

Thanks for your help ladies, I'm sure you will see lots more of me. :-)

Have you tried contacting a local (or at least in the same country) LLL Leader? They may be able to find a Leader who speaks English for you and/or help you find a place to weigh baby. There is a search feature on the home page here to find LLL in Brazil, looks like there is an English speaking contact.

My biggest concern would be her gaining enough weight. She might not be getting enough milk. That's the concern with that stooping pattern. Not constipation.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elizabethr View Post
    She does seem a but uncomfortable when she I'd pooping and farting for that matter, but not to the point that I think she is in any pain. She just gets a bit fussy.
    She will be fussy for a little while until she gets the hang of pooping. With my first, she took about a month or so to get used to pooping and passing gas.