Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waiting For Milk To Come In

Default Re: Waiting For Milk To Come In

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    You didn't do anythng wrong. When you know more, you do differently the next time. Make sense?
    Exactly this. There's always room for improvement right?
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Mine took five days with Nora and I'm not positive when it came in with Davis, it was just there 4 or 5 days later. I never got engorged or anything. I didn't supplement either of them, just had them both on my boob pretty much constantly so that they were getting a constant trickle and satisfying that sucking urge.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Just remembered something I was told about jaundice when Noah was a newborn. Breastmilk goes through quicker than formula and will clear out the bilirubin faster because it goes through the digestive system quicker. So, even if baby is yellow, nursing and sunlight will be better than formula. As Paige said, something is always coming out, as long as baby is at breast nearly constantly, the jaundice should work itself out.