Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: teething tablets

Default teething tablets

what are the exact name of these? Are they natural or do they medicate the dc? Where can I buy them? My ds has started to teeth and I am not always comfortable giving him tylenol all of the time. Also how does the child take them?

Default Re: teething tablets

They are called Hyland's teething tablets. They dissolve in their mouth and I think they are natural. (the ingredients are listed on the site below) I have not used them-my kids have been easy teethers but I have heard VERY good things about them.

If you go to their site: http://www.hylands.com/products/teething.php

The only bad thing is that they CAN be hard to find. You can click on "store locater" on their site and enter your zip code.

HTH!

To me they havent been a huge success but i have heard others say they swear by them. Jordan has been teething for about 4 weeks now and although i still give the pills to him he's more content with eating his hands

I found them at CVS & Wal-greens. Hope that helps!

p.s.
    If you cant find them i'd be more than happy to send some to you

These are the only thing that seem to help my dd...and we bought them at walmart.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

We bought ours at Wal-Mart too. He was being soooo fussy and I just couldn't get him to settle down. Ibuprofen works better for him than Tylenol and that just was't cutting it. I heard about the tablets here and sent DH to go get some. There's even a warning on the side that states something along the lines of "do not be alarmed if your little one falls asleep, they'll finally be pain free and able to rest" something along those lines. I'm glad they had that on there because DS was zonked and I would have totally freaked!! They are all natural though.

Okay - I have to say what I am sure everyone already knows - but I am compelled to make it part of this thread... all natural does not mean without risk. There can be reactions, sometimes more servere than one would "expect" since these products are made with ingredients from nature (flowers, herbs, etc.) that some folks have servere allergies to.

That being said, let it be known that I am a big ol' fan of the herbal "remedies" and tried these with DS but it gave him bum a rash!!!!!!! So I'll wait until he is rash free again to make doubly sure it was the tablets indeed.

I hope you find them and that they work for you!

(i found mine at Albertson's market)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

also wanted to add that even though the teething tablets dont work all that well for Jordan the colic tablets seem to work miracles; same company makes them

There is also another brand that we've found works just as well. I believe they're called Little Teethers. They're a little less expensive than the Hyland's brand. Only thing is that I noticed that they take just a little bit longer to dissolve. Other than that they work just the same!
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)