Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 54 of 54

Thread: Bad wifey

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    466

    Default Re: Bad wifey

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    I was still having pain 6 months pp so I was prescribed estrogen cream. Just a little daily dab in the area where I was stitched up and a few weeks later the pain was minimal. Didn't affect milk supply at all.

    I guess my point is, don't be afraid to tell your doctor or midwife if pain is what is holding you back.
    ha! i didn't know about this. i will def. ask my dr.
    march 2011... the light of my life

    i love my little one

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    19,926

    Default Re: Bad wifey

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    I was still having pain 6 months pp so I was prescribed estrogen cream. Just a little daily dab in the area where I was stitched up and a few weeks later the pain was minimal. Didn't affect milk supply at all.

    I guess my point is, don't be afraid to tell your doctor or midwife if pain is what is holding you back.
    Though if you get prescribed estrogen cream, you want to be very careful with it. Apply using gloves, since you don't want to transfer any from your fingers to the baby.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    471

    Default Re: Bad wifey

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Though if you get prescribed estrogen cream, you want to be very careful with it. Apply using gloves, since you don't want to transfer any from your fingers to the baby.
    Oooo, I didn't wear gloves, but I did wash my hands really well everytime because I didn't want to get any on DH or DS. If I ever have to use it again I will pull out the gloves.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

    April 2014

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    19,926

    Default Re: Bad wifey

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    Oooo, I didn't wear gloves, but I did wash my hands really well everytime because I didn't want to get any on DH or DS. If I ever have to use it again I will pull out the gloves.
    Washing your hands well was almost certainly more than enough! Gloves are probably overkill, but this is one area where I'm in favor of overkill. I had to use Premarin on DD2 for a labial adhesion, and I was super-paranoid about getting it on anyone else in the house!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •