Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bad wifey

Default Re: Bad wifey

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    I was still having pain 6 months pp so I was prescribed estrogen cream. Just a little daily dab in the area where I was stitched up and a few weeks later the pain was minimal. Didn't affect milk supply at all.

I guess my point is, don't be afraid to tell your doctor or midwife if pain is what is holding you back.
    ha! i didn't know about this. i will def. ask my dr.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I was still having pain 6 months pp so I was prescribed estrogen cream. Just a little daily dab in the area where I was stitched up and a few weeks later the pain was minimal. Didn't affect milk supply at all.

I guess my point is, don't be afraid to tell your doctor or midwife if pain is what is holding you back.
    Though if you get prescribed estrogen cream, you want to be very careful with it. Apply using gloves, since you don't want to transfer any from your fingers to the baby.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Though if you get prescribed estrogen cream, you want to be very careful with it. Apply using gloves, since you don't want to transfer any from your fingers to the baby.
    Oooo, I didn't wear gloves, but I did wash my hands really well everytime because I didn't want to get any on DH or DS. If I ever have to use it again I will pull out the gloves.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

April 2014

Oooo, I didn't wear gloves, but I did wash my hands really well everytime because I didn't want to get any on DH or DS. If I ever have to use it again I will pull out the gloves.
    Washing your hands well was almost certainly more than enough! Gloves are probably overkill, but this is one area where I'm in favor of overkill. I had to use Premarin on DD2 for a labial adhesion, and I was super-paranoid about getting it on anyone else in the house!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"