Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 month fussiness?

Default 2 month fussiness?

Hello ladies,
    Just when I thought things were finally going to be a breeze, LO decides to changes things up. And I thought he was such a mellow guy, too...

All of a sudden the last day or two, he gets furious when I try to get him to nurse (if he wasn't already screaming). At first I figured he just wasn't hungry, since he seems to have stretches where he wants to look around and not be held, "am I just some kinda milk pusher?" I thought. But then when he's also giving his hungry signals, I'm confused. The only way I can sometimes get him to nurse is by holding him at a 45 degree angle with my opposite arm between his legs and along his back, and my elbow supporting his head. And as if that weren't awkward enough, we have to be moving. Walking at some magic pace that I won't know until I'm in it, around and around... This means no more sleepy nighttime side-lying, or daytime comfy laid-back on our quilt on the living room floor...
    I am thinking about how to manage to devise a wrap scheme for this, but it's hard to do when you're trying to comfort a baby who's so obviously beside himself and you're just trying to maintain some level of consciousness during the nighttime insanity... And honestly he doesn't really like being slung anyway if we're not walking pretty briskly--I keep trying even though he's already way too big and heavy for front wrapping (at least the way I have figured out how to do).

I don't really know why I'm posting this, I guess I just need reassurance that this, too, shall pass, and I can go back to my more comfy nursing positions, or new comfy ones if that's what it takes.

Default Re: 2 month fussiness?

I hear ya girl! My LO is the same age. My guy is a really mellow guy besides a little night time fussiness. He used to get a little gassy during the day then put himself back to sleep. He is starting to grow out of the night time fussiness, but now he seems fussy more than normal during the day as well. I think it will pass as well.

I don't have issues with getting to the breast unless he is really pissed off, so I just shhhhh him (loudly) and push my nipple in as much as I can then he usually gives in.
    What kind of wrap are you using? My moby wrap is saving my life as we speak. He is slung on while big brother takes a bath and dad takes a nap (jerky lazy dad).

My babe did the same thing. He was 1 month old and we had to travel because my father passed away. It was like he knew we were away from home. He screamed at every feeding and it was so discouraging but I made myself push on. I don't really know what made him change his mind but it was like a light switch flipped and he was fine. This is my first baby and it's true what they say.. no one can prepare you for motherhood. It's an experience all your own and it definitely gets hard at times. Your LO will go back to his mellow self. You are doing great.

Ok, I don't want to jinx it, but so far today has been a lot better. Maybe he just wanted to explore the house. I bet he'll be a right terror when he starts moving himself.

The wrap I have is just a 5 yd piece of gauze I hemmed the edges of and dyed. Haha. I'm too cheap for buying these kinds of things, especially with a 50% off coupon. It's mildly stretchy but not too much, but more importantly not too hot!

Oh gosh I can't even imagine the horror of travelling with a one month old! (Although my family wanted me to visit for the holidays, I said no way!) Props to you, Danielle!