Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!! Working Mom & diminishing supply

Default Re: Help!!! Working Mom & diminishing su

I also agree about the overnight trips - that is really hard. I took my mom with me on business trips during my first year. It only cost me her plane ticket (we'd share a bed if necessary), and it was worth it to me. If you can find anyway to bring your baby, do so. Otherwise, I'd recommend pumping a LOT on those trips. It's not easy, sorry.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Default Re: Help!!! Working Mom & diminishing su

Thanks everyone! I already asked about bringing someone with me but it's not an option. I have to share a room with a co-worker during my business trips and with being off from work and getting paid on commisison I can't afford to pay for a room for someone to go with me....

I have a medela backpack pump... I think some of you are right about the being burned out thing. I fell asleep in the chair at about 7:30pm last night and didn't wake up until 2:30am. I already have an adapter to pump in the car because I am all over driving some days to appointments... I can't drive & pump (my pump tends to fall off at times and because my breasts are larger I do pump one at a time and have to hold my breast up with my hand). We also have cameras in our work vehicles that can go off if I have to slam on the breaks hard or get in an accident and I get "written up" for eating, drinking, or talking on my mobile so I doubt this would work anyway! LOL I can imagine my boss getting a "driving event" while I am pumping! I feel there my be overfeeding and mentioned it to my sister in law (she bf her child and I didn't think this would be a problem) and she didn't agree....

However now that I look back on it she never bf in front of anyone but her husband and pumped and bottle fed a lot and she supplemented with formula because she said she couldn't produce enough for her lo.... so I'm thinking she overfed him too because of the bottle! On Friday I had enough pumped for him to eat and will for Monday.... I appreciate all your help! And will start hand expressions after pumping sessions!

Default Re: Help!!! Working Mom & Diminishing Su

I am thinking he is being overfed..... He is at the sitters about 8 hours and gets fed about 12 ounces. I feed him an hour to an hour and a half before dropping him off. My husband picks him up and he is with my husband for about an hour and a half before I get home. All last week I left work early to feed him and dropped off extra milk I pumped during the day. I typically pump about 10-12 ounces while away from him for the total 11-12 hours I am away.... Unfortunately I cannot nurse during the day