Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alternative Bottles

Default Re: Alternative Bottles

They are still cheaper than Haberman feeders. Count your blessing Amazon has them for a pretty good price.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

FWIW - I tried the Calma with DD last week and she chugged 3 ounces in about 2 minutes. Granted, I have a fast flow as well so her normal feeding time at the breast is really only 4 or 5-ish minutes. But the Calma seemed too fast! She did well with it, though, no sputtering or choking. Also tried the Comotomo and she did OK - almost a little too slow. I tried the regular Medela nipples that come with the PIS and she's doing well with those - slower than the Calma, but seems to produce lots of bubbles. I might try Avent with slow flow nipples, too, as i understand I can get an adapter to attach to my PIS for them...
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

I have heard that from several people, actually.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!