Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Bottles

Default Re: Alternative Bottles

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*movingmama View Post
    I've got a 6 month old daughter with Pierre Robin (cleft palate and recessed jaw) who has been on the Mead-johnson with a Dr. Brown's nipple for two and a half months now (she was on a feeding tube in the NICU prior to that, it was an incredible battle to keep her off of a gtube) I nursed my two older boys exclusively for two years each - neither one every had a bottle.

DD has only had breastmilk, though it was fortified with Enfamil to increase her weight gain until a month ago when my husband and I discontinued that. She plays at the breast a little but she's just not thinking it's for food. We really want her to transition to breast only after the cleft repair this summer. I literally just ordered the Comotomo bottle and am excited to try it in a couple of days! Will let you know how it goes!
    Please do update us about the Comotomo! I'm considering it for when I go back to work after this new baby comes along...
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

I just ordered the miji a couple days ago. So far no luck. She refuses every bottle I've tried. I would loooooove to try the BARE! That looks promising! Part of my dd's problem is she gags on the long nipples of bottles.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Just saw that this distributer got the Calma back in stock - anyone tried it recently?

http://www.babyearth.com/medela-calm...ng-bottle.html
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

My target stopped selling the breastflow also. The other day I was there and bought their last two nipples that they had on clearance. I might try a different bottle now and see how it goes. He takes the mam paci I wonde if anything mimics that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Well....he uses the Mimijumi now! I wonder if it bothered him or something. His palate is sensitive; he gags easily. But he uses it Ok now. We are down to me making up one 8 oz bottle and letting him eat ad lib from it -- which is is usually 2-4 feedings (and we do it this way after losing one too many bottles in a sleepy haze and finding rotten milk bottles under the bed) -- and then the 4 oz Mimijumi.

One oddity about it though...I ran it through a Medela steam bag last week, when our well was off and we had to boils water for 2 days. The side bubbled. It doesn't leak, but it looks really weird. I was rather mad...I wanted to be able to sell or give this bottle away when we are done, but it looks unacceptable, and I don't know how clean it gets in that vicinity.

Still freaks out if I try to get him to nurse though. And I have not ordered anything else. Trying to move away from bottles.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I'm sorry he won't transition to the breast Maybe he will someday. Do you think you'll have any more kids? Autumn will finally take the Mimijumi when being babysat for the occasional date but she will only take it from my mom or mother in law or father in law. And they have to be walking around while doing it. She doesn't take it well I'm told but will take at least enough to keep her happy until I get back. Do you know if that one that acts like a syringe and extending nipple is available yet? I probably won't get it since she is graduated to sippy cups anyway but I am curious.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

I have seen that one, and I saw where it could be purchased,... Maybe Amazon? I wish I could remember its name.

I have no idea if we will have more kids. I saw my midwife the other day, when I stopped off to see the renovated birth center, and she wants us to have another baby. But....five boys.....as the odds of me having a girl are slim....I dunno. I'll be 40 in a few month. I always thought I'd be done by 40, but then all this happened. So I don't know. Right now we have good birth control
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My cousin had 5 boys and decided to have one more and got her girl You never know right? Haha. But yes 5 is already quite a few! I think I will probably only want 3. Maaaaybe 4 haha. Oh and that bottles is called Bare Air or something like that.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

http://www.bittylab.com/ is one I already posted a link to, and it is called Bare Air. It s one I wanted to try for Gav.
    Susan

We use the Medela pump system and have a bunch of their bottles. We don't trust anyone to use a slow flow nipple with our baby, so we bit the bullet and purchased the Calma nipples that go with the Medela bottles. So far they work great, just expensive as all get out. Oh, and the nipples are silicone.